Menu
Gladiator123
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 22 issue that started on the 6th December - huge latency problem

I am also in Area 22 and noticed a huge ping issue with online gaming (league of legends and Fornite) around Christmas time. I guess it's an issue that's affecting many of us. Really sad.

0 Kudos
dossdes
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Latest on this. The call promised to me on the 4th January never came.

I’ve been busy with work this week but had an opportunity to call back myself. Rang twice this afternoon, selected the option that i was wanting to leave and left hanging in a queue for over 15 minutes each time, only to be disconnected.

If this is how they treat people who they really ought to be trying to save then heaven help them.

I wait in hope of a call back from retention’s as promised on the 4th January but won’t hold my breath. If anyone from VM is monitoring this thread, please drop me a PM so i can get hold of someone to talk to.
I’m paying over £100 a month to you guys and this latency issue is seriously making me consider jumping ship after being with you for 20 years.

I will try calling retention’s again when i get the opportunity
0 Kudos
Blairian7
Tuning in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So I am with Virgin media in Birmingham area. My latency doesn’t spike like in your graphs... it’s solid yellow. No joke. I thought it was powerline extenders but got that fixed by powering the new extender off and on. Latency to router is 1-2ms. Latency externally is 20-200 with and average of 30ish. Since my BQM is solid yellow I know I am getting multiple 140+ms spikes multiple times per minute.

Here is the link to my post and the start of my BQM... it didn’t get better.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Prospective-Virgin-Media-customers-BEWARE/td-p/36...

I am leaving VM. Joined BT with Infinity2 and £125 prepaid master card as a gift.
0 Kudos
dossdes
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sadly i think i may be following you at some point which is a shame as the speeds can’t be beaten. The latency though is a killer for me
0 Kudos
Blairian7
Tuning in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Speed without stability means nothing. Would you buy the fastest sport car in the world that couldn’t stay on the road because of bad steering? No you buy a Mini Cooper and enjoy driving.