Menu
Gladiator123
Tuning in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 22 issue that started on the 6th December - huge latency problem

I am also in Area 22 and noticed a huge ping issue with online gaming (league of legends and Fornite) around Christmas time. I guess it's an issue that's affecting many of us. Really sad.

0 Kudos
dossdes
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Latest on this. The call promised to me on the 4th January never came.

I’ve been busy with work this week but had an opportunity to call back myself. Rang twice this afternoon, selected the option that i was wanting to leave and left hanging in a queue for over 15 minutes each time, only to be disconnected.

If this is how they treat people who they really ought to be trying to save then heaven help them.

I wait in hope of a call back from retention’s as promised on the 4th January but won’t hold my breath. If anyone from VM is monitoring this thread, please drop me a PM so i can get hold of someone to talk to.
I’m paying over £100 a month to you guys and this latency issue is seriously making me consider jumping ship after being with you for 20 years.

I will try calling retention’s again when i get the opportunity
0 Kudos
Blairian7
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

So I am with Virgin media in Birmingham area. My latency doesn’t spike like in your graphs... it’s solid yellow. No joke. I thought it was powerline extenders but got that fixed by powering the new extender off and on. Latency to router is 1-2ms. Latency externally is 20-200 with and average of 30ish. Since my BQM is solid yellow I know I am getting multiple 140+ms spikes multiple times per minute.

Here is the link to my post and the start of my BQM... it didn’t get better.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Prospective-Virgin-Media-customers-BEWARE/td-p/36...

I am leaving VM. Joined BT with Infinity2 and £125 prepaid master card as a gift.
0 Kudos
dossdes
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sadly i think i may be following you at some point which is a shame as the speeds can’t be beaten. The latency though is a killer for me
0 Kudos
Blairian7
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Speed without stability means nothing. Would you buy the fastest sport car in the world that couldn’t stay on the road because of bad steering? No you buy a Mini Cooper and enjoy driving.
dossdes
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ok, latest on my issue.
I finally got through to someone in Customer relations (via Broadband second line support) on Thursday. I explained the situation, the lady spoke to her manager and agreed to send me a 2AC.
Hurray I thought until this morning a Superhub 3 was delivered.
Just got off the phone to them again, “sorry sir we don’t send out 2AC’s anymore”. Anyway - got a manager callling me back tomorrow.
Not happy at all!!!!!
How hard can it be! I am currently paying over £100 on my package (with TV etc) and am tempted to go back to non Fibre BT broadband (no fibre in my area sadly) as this is just nonsense.
Not sure how non Fibre broadband will be though, estimates in my area are 12mb to 17mb... (I wonder though will the latency be better or worse??)
0 Kudos
justasking1992
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just keep pressuring them I guess, I am also in Area 22 but still have the SH1 and have had no issues at all with gaming. It is most likely just the SH3 being **bleep**ty so keep pressuring for a 2 or pray that the 4 comes out soon and is fixed.

0 Kudos
dossdes
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Latest on this 

I never got a Manager call back as promised on Sunday so I rang VM retention’s line AGAIN on Monday

Got through to a really friendly guy who was extremely apologetic and said he would arrange for a SH2 or SH2AC to be sent, he also put on the request to ensure that I didn’t get another SH3 sent in error.

Well, imagine my surprise (not) when Yodel delivered me yet another SH3 just now.... You really couldn’t make this up. I now have 3 SH3’s in the house, one connected and 2 brand new ones.

Time for another call to VM. I am out of contract so now seriously thinking of giving notice and getting Openreach broadband.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi dossdes, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. There was a small issue with FECS (noise on the line) a few days ago but that has now settled. 

Apologise for the delivery of another Hub 3, unfortunately we cannot guarantee the delivery of a Superhub 2 AC as it depends on what they have in stock in the warehouse. It is unlikely at this time that there will be many Superhub 2 AC's around as the only ones we get back into stock would be refurbished returned ones. 

I wonder if what you are experiencing is related to:  http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

Take a look and let us know, please be aware we have applied the test firmware to a number of hubs, and when trials are completed will carry out national updates.

I can see you are currently on the old firmware so it may be part of the issue you are seeing. 

Let us know how yo get on. 

Take care. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dossdes
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma
Thanks for replying to the thread.
Things have taken a turn for the better. I spoke to Steve, your Broadband expert today and he also mentioned the new firmware which he said would be in trials for about 3 more weeks and then it would be deployed to everyone with a SH3 following that over a period of 3-4 weeks.

Thanks
0 Kudos