Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 15 Issue

0 Kudos
LonSirus
Tuning in
Message 23 of 41
Flag for a moderator

The issue has been present since early December 2018.

I contacted VM's cancellation department hoping for a quicker turnaround with finding a solution. 

The next day an engineer arrived (N19, Area 15), after I explained the vigorous troubleshooting and testing I had gone through to no avail. The engineer proclaimed he had just visited another customer experiencing the same issue and found a fix by replacing the Hub 3. 

The engineer then replaced my Hub 3 with a new one out the box. We then compared the results and found way less packet loss.

Since the visit, I no longer get the wild spikes like before but there is still something fundamentally wrong.

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 24 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the bqm guys ive got an engineer coming tommorow, will show him this thread 

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Good luck, let us know what he says

0 Kudos
holtend4life
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 41
Flag for a moderator

7A96ECE9-1FF7-4252-87D4-AA2B33B1BBFC.png

Here’s mine. Homerton E9 

0 Kudos
GK47
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Also experiencing issues from Hackney here. I made a thread discussing the steps we can take to resolve this as customers seen as Virgin isn't taking responsibility. Here's the post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Steps-to-fix-Area-15-issue-Packet-loss/m-p/39055...

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 28 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Well the problem is still not fixed, engineer did try very hard tho, he replaced the cables run tests even called in to see if there was an area problem which he was told no... he then called someones else to replace all the wires out side but they said that will happen on the 17th...!!!!!

What a **bleep**e company, thats going to be 2 months with this problem 

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 41
Flag for a moderator

yea we are being taken for a ride, they wont comment on anything so you know they know.
you can cancel your contract without paying any termination fee after 30 days if it hasn't been working.
I think its the easiest thing to do im afraid, virgin still wont admit there is any issues, even though this forum has been going bananas over the last few days and the countless calls they must be getting from Area 15.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
aolmessenger
Tuning in
Message 30 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I have tweeted at them, and the next step will be closing my account (Full House package with

0 Kudos