cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Years of Sub par service

DavidShush
Dialled in

I'm ready to cancel. What details will I need in order to cancel?

After several engineer visits it just never gets fixed. Constant lag spikes and jitter during gaming has really made me less interested in a hobby I used to enjoy so much over the last few years. 

I don't think I can stand another engineer visit and continually paying over the odds compared to the service offered by other providers. Even if I get the same problems elsewhere at least I'll only be paying less than half the price. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Name, address, account number.  Do it by recorded post if you just want to cancel without the misery of VM's phone system and the whole "customer retention" pantomime.  Or do phone if you want to let VM's retention team to have a further effort to fix the problem (but don't agree to any change to package or price, since that'll potentially start a new 18 month fixed term).

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Name, address, account number.  Do it by recorded post if you just want to cancel without the misery of VM's phone system and the whole "customer retention" pantomime.  Or do phone if you want to let VM's retention team to have a further effort to fix the problem (but don't agree to any change to package or price, since that'll potentially start a new 18 month fixed term).

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

One other thing - some customers have reported that when cancelling there's no email or postal confirmation that the instruction to cancel is being acted on.  I have suggested that a simple confirmation email would be sensible, but at the time the response was "too difficult, and we don't care".  Whether you'll get confirmation, or your service will just cease on some random day in late January/early February who knows.  Don't lose the confirmation of any recorded delivery!