cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adain really bad latency wv10 shocking

nothappywithu
On our wavelength

Well im back again seeing as virgin media cant be bithered to answer any posts with a solution techs turn up and lie through there teeth raise a complaint and no respose this is trully the worst customer service ive ever experienced and to top it off my broadband was so bad yesterday gaming just could not happen then the early hours of this morning 2 march i tried to watch some on demand didnt happen major buffering then nothing at all apart from network unavailable start again buffer unavailable heres my thinkbroadband monitor judge for youself but virgin media forum team will say no nothing wrong but i beg to differ again last night and todays BQM

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/60a3b3493ec79ce682cff3d53fb409273c...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5f2d87c47db742ab8ee4ef7d19bf609cd2775ee2-02-03-2022

8 REPLIES 8

nothappywithu
On our wavelength

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

14620000045.5205995120 KSym/sec64QAM3
23940000045.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM4
35370000046.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM2
46030000047.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM1

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1US_TYPE_STDMA00330
2US_TYPE_STDMA0040
3US_TYPE_STDMA0020
4US_TYPE_STDMA0020

obviously 41 total timeouts is normal and have no issues and a power level of minus 8.8

3.1 Downstream channels

Channel Channel Width (MHz) FFT Type Number of Active Subcarriers Modulation (Active Profile) First Active Subcarrier (Hz)
159964K1880QAM4096759

3.1 Downstream channels

Channel ID Lock Status RxMER Data (dB) PLC Power (dBmV) Correcteds (Active Profile) Uncorrectables (Active Profile)
159Locked34-8.826516932161082

Hi nothappywithu,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, we are sorry to hear you are still facing connection issues, I have had a look at things our end and can see there is a congestion issue, this is being investigated by our Network team.

Regards

Paul.

Hi thanks for the reply any idea of a timeline for this to be sorted

Hi @nothappywithu, thanks for your post although I'm sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I've been trying to chase an update for you behind the scenes, and the latest information that we have is that we've been made aware you've been contacted by our network team that we're still trying to get this sorted for you.

If you are in contact with them, they'll keep updating you throughout this time.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi thanks for that yes they’ve been in touch but only to say we can leave without any penalty which to me means there going to do nothing so rock and hard place comes to mind 

Thank you for letting us know @nothappywithu.

We can only apologise for this experience on behalf of our team, please do let us know how you wish to proceed.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@nothappywithu wrote:

Hi thanks for that yes they’ve been in touch but only to say we can leave without any penalty which to me means there going to do nothing so rock and hard place comes to mind 

If, indeed that is what they said, then we have to interpret it as ‘yes we know there is a problem, but it is either too expensive to fix or we can’t be bothered to fix it - my money would be on the former. Actually that would be quite a refreshing and honest admittance by VM as to the reality of the situation.

So now the choice is entirely yours, either put up with the situation as is, but please don’t ever complain about it again because nobody is interested, or take the offer to leave without penalty and find another provider.