cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely fed up with the internet

Tonymc41
On our wavelength

I was told that there was a problem I’m fed up of the internet dropping on my kids wen there playing the Xbox or PlayStation I’ve never had so many problems with this, un till they upgraded not even able to use speed test can’t find my router, my other family have sky n bit and not getting any  I’m paying £91 a month n I’m fuming this is going on for months, think it’s time for a change,

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tonymc41, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your connection dropping out. 

Locating your account via your forum credentials is bringing up an issue. I'll need to check these with you so I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tonymc41, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly today via private message 🙂 

I've taken a look at your Hub and all levels are optimal with no issues for the signals for both upstream and downstream. Your area is also looking really good with no issues. Looking at the Wifi side of the network as most of your devices are connected in this manner, there is some congestion which could account for dropouts. I would look at separating your WiFi bands and then connecting each device to the band best for it. You can do that by following these steps: 

•    Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
•    Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
•    Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
•    Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID) and the Wifi password (network key).
•    Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz and click on Apply changes.*
*    Make sure that both frequencies are named differently and are still identifiable

You can also try these tips and hints to optimise the WiFi as much as possible. Finally, you may also benefit from downloading the VM Connect App. You can use this to run scans to see what the issue may be. It will identify any dead spots and show you how to resolve them too.

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Gaming on VM when in Router mode and WIFI, your asking for issues.

The SH3 is rubbish for Gaming in Router Mode. Go modem mode and get your own router. Your kids will thank me later.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

How do I get this, my sons say that there iPhone connection is crap to,

Before spending money on a new router or mesh wifi setup, which for anything competent will be £70-100, it would be worth checking the cable connection quality as follows:  Setup a Broadband Quality Monitor. That will show if there's anything odd going on with your VM connection.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Don't try and post screenshots, or the web address of the page you see when logged in to Thinkbroadband, those won't work for us.  A BQM usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

If that comes back all good, then you're looking at either buying your own wifi gear, or (if you're not in a fixed term contract or near the end) finding another ISP.

Tonymc41
On our wavelength

Hi ty for ur message this is a new contract, this never happened until I upgraded in the new contract never really had any problems until a few months now