Menu
MonteXMat
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

608 Puma Fix?

Hey everyone,

BT has started charging me £60/month recently. I've tried switching to VM about a year ago, but the Puma 6 issue really messed up my plans.

My question is: Has the 608 firmware fixed the issue, or am I better off trying to work out some kind of a deal with BT?

0 Kudos
carlosfcp
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 608 Puma Fix?

still the same, i should read reviews before moved to virgin 

0 Kudos
SirDaVamp
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@MonteXMat wrote:

Hey everyone,

BT has started charging me £60/month recently. I've tried switching to VM about a year ago, but the Puma 6 issue really messed up my plans.

My question is: Has the 608 firmware fixed the issue, or am I better off trying to work out some kind of a deal with BT?

A lot of us haven't got it yet and no word from virgin yet, even tho some have it.

I'm thinking into moving to sky. Their highest fibre package costs like £27 afaik, and based on few google searches they seem to be the best in terms of gaming.

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

.608 has been rolled out over the last few months although not everyone has it yet. It is a huge improvement, pings/jitter are much lower now and no worse than the SH2.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

608 Firmware fixed a whole lot of latency issues.

I have the SH3 in Modem mode, and have NO gaming issues.

Remember its the CHIPSET that is the problem, VM are not the maker of the CHIPSET, thats Intel's fault.

VM just buried there heads in the sand once the problem came to light.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
dialatech
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the fix for the 608 puma and i can confirm it has fixed a load of latency issues