cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 years on and i still cannot play games on this VM connection - Orpington

Harry_C
On our wavelength

3 years this has been going on - Orpington Area. 

I get ping psikes constantly throughtout the day but it just peaks in the evening between 6-12pm (depedning on day) and packet loss creeps in and i am unable ot even sit in a VOIP call let alone think about playing a vdieo game. 

I've had engineer visits over this 3 years doing different things but NOTHING has fixed this issue, and it is now becoming beyong a joke that you have left this to happen in my area for this long.

Can i please get some compantant staff actually look at this issue and help me get it fixed? 

BQM Graph 

35 REPLIES 35

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Saw that the other 2 had ip in them, cropped it oit now and added todays (saturday 21st)

Todays 

6E2F3AC9-9E9E-4E81-A2E2-BDDC675D97B2.jpeg

 and the other ones with ip cropped 

72E9E8CA-655E-4C45-BC68-4BEB69EBD473.jpeg

C7775630-064D-456D-A8C2-30443CD48AEC.jpeg

Hi Harry_C thanks for getting back to us.  

Sorry to hear that you're still having ongoing issues with latency spikes.  We've checked our systems and cannot find anything that is explaining the issues you're having.  I include network congestion in that.  I am sorry.  Are you impacted on all aspects of usage or is it gaming only?

Regards

Lee

Harry_C
On our wavelength

THIS is not flagging your system no? that huge chunk of packet loss and the that insane latency spiking? 

No its not usable under these condition, being in a VOIP call alone is pointless under these conditions let alone attempting to play a game.

3 YEARS. This is horrendous and you know it. 

b9976e0d832783eba35af7e08bc9e790047e5c30-25-05-2022.png

Thanks for coming back to us @Harry_C. I have looked into this further and can see that there is an SNR fault in your area.

The current estimated fix time for this issue is 9am on June 6th.

Regards,

Steven_L

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Todays starting off well. I’ve been told of SNR faults before, this isn’t an SNR fault. 

267B413F-052D-40DB-BA1E-E022DD080261.png

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration regarding this Harry_C,

From checking our service this is what the field team have advised.

The estimated fix time for this area fault is 6th June around 9AM.

Thanks for your patience during this time,

Kain

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Well as expected. Absolutely nothing has changed. 

A17DE2A0-AB5C-4B32-A49A-8E452CC79FD2.jpeg

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Harry_C

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am sorry to hear the problems are still ongoing. 

On checking for our side, I can see that outage has now been resolved so I have gone ahead and ran a live report/diagnostic check on your equipment. From the check, it does look like your equipment is running out of specification which will require a technician visit. 

To arrange this, I am going to pop you over a private message now. 

Thank you,

Nat

Harry_C
On our wavelength

C8E4E990-47A8-4E3E-B10C-1E3668A68B3C.jpeg

 And it continues, its the same result no matter if my modem goes in and out of spec as this is a much bigger area issue. 

Hi @Harry_C thanks for your post although I'm sorry this is still persisting for you.

I've ran further checks and there are no signs of your specifications being out of spec at the time of writing today, have things improved for you over the last couple of days? Can you please try rebooting your Hub as it has been on a little while?

Many thanks

Tom_W