cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 years on and i still cannot play games on this VM connection - Orpington

Harry_C
On our wavelength

3 years this has been going on - Orpington Area. 

I get ping psikes constantly throughtout the day but it just peaks in the evening between 6-12pm (depedning on day) and packet loss creeps in and i am unable ot even sit in a VOIP call let alone think about playing a vdieo game. 

I've had engineer visits over this 3 years doing different things but NOTHING has fixed this issue, and it is now becoming beyong a joke that you have left this to happen in my area for this long.

Can i please get some compantant staff actually look at this issue and help me get it fixed? 

BQM Graph 

35 REPLIES 35

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Modem in back to router mode

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Maybe 10 years ago when VM was dabbling with the idea of pushing BB speeds beyond 50mb for customers and breaking into the triple figures this was an acceptable answer. But not in 2022. After advertising, boasting and forcing their new ‘DOCSIS 3 network, Gig1 speeds, VOLT upgrades to all o2 customers) campaigns onto the public and then when the infrastructure CLEARLY cannot handle the load, you can NOT say it’s unrealistic for them to actually fix this congestion. Expensive to fix i bet! My bills go up every year to keep this ‘fantastic network’ running, shame they don’t actually do their customers the courtesy of actually making it work properly, maybe if they pulled back on all these ad campaigns to bring in more customers to a terrible experience they could use the cash to fix the disastrous issues they clearly already have with their current subscribers. 

i do pay for a separate connection, another £30 on top, just so can latency that is reasonable in 2022, but I absolutely should not have to be doing that and im lucky i can afford too, many families can’t, does VM care? Clearly not, but they’re fine putting their prices up another £3-4 yearly. 

This is not targeted at you personally but a couple of things you stated are just not acceptable and 3 years of this problem is not my fault and its absolutely reasonable of me to think and assume VM would assess and fix the obvious huge problem within my area in this time period. 

Hear Hear

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Harry_C

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Can you perform a reboot of the Hub for me so I can review how your power / signal levels fair after this? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Just rebooted the hub now. 

would like to add that while the bqm looks decent over the weekend, i still get lors of web pages timing out and disconnects/slow loading.

Hey Harry_C,

Sorry to see you are still struggling to play the game. Since the reboot has it improved at all? I've had a look at my end and everything is look good for the levels. 

Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@Matthew_ML wrote:

I've had a look at my end and everything is look good for the levels. 

like you couldn't tell it was fine in modem mode that you gave the OP the run around to put the hub in router mode to do tests that show nothing is wrong....WE ALL know what the cause is! 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nope still latency spikes of an evening. Hasn’t changed for 3 years no matter what the power levels say. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Harry_C

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing these latency spikes in the evenings, that is not ideal at all. Would you be able to share an image of a recent BQM graph for us in the thread please? https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality Unfortunately we are unable to access your previous BQM via links, so an image would help us get a clear picture of these spikes as and when they occur. I've checked our systems again and there's currently no issues showing with your service.

Kind regards,

Serena

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Todays so farCEC6E33A-2735-4829-887D-F001D2E16C33.jpeg

Yesterday

5BE87D13-9D9F-4EF6-A7E4-B5A35B986A62.jpeg

 heres last week

96AA8E4D-34E3-4E65-8A8F-9823C889C2FE.jpeg

while it does look better this week, believe me when i say it is still unusable for gaming and voip. 

This has been going on for so long.