cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gb & SH5 - Recent Jitter / Fluctuating Ping When Gaming - Past 2-3 Weeks

zhen7
Dialled in

My connection has always been rock solid and online to EU servers in various games, I get 10-15ms ping, especially for the last decade or so, 

Recently, past 2-3 weeks, my ping has been flucating a lot between 30-80ms ping on the same servers. 

Of course my friends online have stayed the same, with only me being affected.

Please can someone look into this?

The network speeds are fine, I get full speed Down and Up.

Here are my stats:

Status.pngDown1.pngDown2.pngDown3.pngDown4.pngUp1.pngStatus2.pngLog.png

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Setup a BQM to monitor your connection. Your power levels are a bit on the high side, but still within limits. 
Has your WAN IP changed recently? The network may be routing you differently now than in the past. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I will set one up tomorrow morning,

And no it hasn’t, also, I can hit the lows still but it fluctuates back to the high side constantly. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @zhen7,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection, we would need to take a look at this and maybe book a technician to have check this.

We would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@zhen7 wrote:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e8537d5c00932fbf362691a7d214e61841... 

Nice low jitter are you FTTP?

---------------------------------------------------------------

No FTTC. 

Please can I get some help on this again as its been over 2 weeks with my same issue.

Hey zhen7, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I can see you  have been in PM with my colleague recently, please do reach out if you need some more assistance. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?