cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Hub 4.0 Latency & Packet loss

TheDingle
Tuning in

Hi I recently got the 1GB Hub 4.0 a month a go, but I've been getting latency & packet loss on a regular basis.  I've run a BQM test & here are my results.  The issue is my gaming, on lan & wifi are both affected, & this has affected gaming & my work connection.

TheDingle_0-1601282985535.pngTheDingle_1-1601283032448.png

TheDingle_2-1601283072124.png

I've pressed the reset button, turned off the hub, checked all my connections, & I just get these packet losses & latency which is something I didn't have on the Hub 3 before upgrading.

Any help would be appreciated.

31 REPLIES 31

TheDingle
Tuning in

Is there anything you need for someone to take a look at my issue?

Here is last nights view, thankfully no packet losses

TheDingle_0-1601452974795.png

Hi The Dingle,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your internet connection. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this, I understand how frustrating these issues can be.

Can I ask how the device you used for the BMQ test was connected to the internet please? 

Also, would you be able to do a speed test so we can see how your wired connection is performing please? Make sure to do it on a laptop/PC that’s connected to the internet via the yellow Ethernet cable to get the truest results.

Thanks ,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

Thanks for replying 🙂

I set up BQM on a on a PC linked to the Router.

Speeds aren't the issue I don't think per the screenshots:

TheDingle_0-1602061562595.pngTheDingle_1-1602061595394.png

The next screenshot is BQM currently, the two packet loss drops, are where I reboot the Router, & this seems to be my temporary work around to alleviate my data issues.

TheDingle_2-1602061688716.png

Note: My Speed testing is thru wired testing, but my issues are affecting my wireless connections also.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Dingle,

Thanks for sending in those pictures, it really does help. 

I have taken the time to look at my fault checker for your services on your HUB 4 but I cannot see any faults or outages which is probably frustrating for you. But I have a link here that has helped other customers with similar issues, could you try the instructions and let me know if it helps? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

I have actively been monitoring channels on 2GwH & 5Gwh for any conflicts with neighbours.  I have been largely successful, but this hasn't fixed my issues unfortunately.  Is it worth changing the Router?

Reason I say this, is because I didn't have any issues on my 200Mb Hub 3 Setup prior to upgrading

Thanks for replying, TheDingle, can you clarify if you setup is just the hub in default mode or are you using your own router?

Can you see any faults now? As I can see the packet losses are back, I won't reboot my router.

TheDingle_0-1602074255194.png

Hi Megan,

Standard setup on Hub 4.

Cheers TheDingle

I've sent your details to our backend faults team, to see if we can get this sorted for you. But I've got a tech visit booked for you on Wed, 12/10/20, 12-4PM  You can view or reschedule this from your online account with this link

Thanks,
Corey C