cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are my emails not getting to yahoo, aol, sky accounts, not even in their spam folders?

madcatty
Joining in

People with aol, yahoo, sky accounts are not receiving my emails from my ntlworld address. My emails are not in their spam folders. How can I now rely on my emails reaching their destination correctly, very frustrating? 

5 REPLIES 5

jamesofmerton
Super solver
'How can I now rely on my emails reaching their destination correctly'

use outlook or gmx or gmail. the virgin email service is basic and offered as a freebie to paying customers. i've never used virgins email as i know when we leave we lose access to it.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@madcatty wrote:

People with aol, yahoo, sky accounts are not receiving my emails from my ntlworld address. My emails are not in their spam folders. How can I now rely on my emails reaching their destination correctly, very frustrating? 

That's strange as I've done testing with a number of VirginMedia users sending mail to mmy Yahoo account and in every case the first mail from an account ended up in my spam folder - when I marked the mail as not spam, subsequent mails from that user were delivered to my Inbox.

Mail servers like Yahoo's are not going to differ in their response when dealing with mail but - 

If they are using POP3 rather than IMAP then mail in the oline spam folder won't be downloaded to their device (this is down to the way POP3 works).

So it might be worth asking them to double check using Yahoo/Sky/AOL Webmail

NOTE:  Sky uses Yahoo's mail system for their users and Yahoo and AOL maerged their mail systems, which is why all 3 are affected.

We have been pushing this with Virgin Media to reach out to Yahoo's postmaster to see what is going on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @madcatty

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

Can I ask if you have a current and active Virgin broadband account that this email is linked to? 

Are you able to ask your recipients if they have checked the information provided by @ravenstar68

Thank you. 

We do have a virgin broadband account that my email is linked to.

No I haven't checked with the recipients but what I forgot to mention is that approx 8 months ago they were receiving my emails. 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@madcatty - You might want to try sending to them again.

Alternatively I've got a couple of addresses you can try sending to.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks