cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where has my part written email gone

riceturbo
Joining in

Part way through writing a fairly long e-mail my laptop lid accidentally got closed.  When I went back to finish it wasn't there and neither was there a draft copy of what I had written there was nothing saved.  Any ideas or is this Virgin being annoying, something they're getting good at these days.

10 REPLIES 10

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Auto-saving an email during composition is dependent on the email client, for example in webmail ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Auto-save email drafts (under Additional Settings). Which email client were you using when this loss occurred?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have never had this happen before, I have never altered any of my mail settings from the days of Blueyonder.  Could this be yet another part of VM's rapidly deteriorating service?, it wouldn't surprise me.  Two years ago they lost me as a mobile customer when I found out that I had been told blatant lies that prevented me from accessing internet when on holiday.  The only reason I didn't report them to Offcom was simply because I couldn't be **bleep**.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@riceturbo wrote:

I have never had this happen before, I have never altered any of my mail settings from the days of Blueyonder.  Could this be yet another part of VM's rapidly deteriorating service?,…

If it is then it is easily confirmed by:

• checking ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Auto-save email drafts setting
  • compose a new email and after Auto-save email drafts period has lapsed confirm saved copy exist in Drafts folder

Just checked my settings and according to what's there emails being composed are saved to drafts every minute, as I said I've never had the need to even look at settings.  With the number of disconnections I've been experiencing I feel that the problem might lie in that direction as I never get a warning the things have gone off it's only when nothing else works you know what's happened.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are getting frequent disconnections then we need to ignore your email problem for a minute and have a look at your internet connection.

Are you able to post your downstream and upstream power levels?

Also How are you connecting, wired or wireless?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi riceturbo, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with an email draft not saving, and connection issues too. If you're email settings are correct then the connection issues could be responsible for the email draft not saving.

I've taken a look into this using your forum details and can't see any known faults or obvious problems - however your hub hasn't been rebooted for almost 3 months, I would recommend powering it down for a couple of minutes, srat it back up and keep us posted from there.

If you're able to post your hub-logs as requested by Tim above  we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:
In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. If you have a hub 2 or 3 when the page loads don't log in but click ‘Check Router Status’. If you have a Hub 4 when the page loads log in and then click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy full sets of data onto here from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages and paste them here. Please don’t include personal data or MAC addresses -  if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank them out for you. 

Tom

Virgin will be getting a call from me now as I have just wrote to you a long reply which, when I came to post it I got a message saying something about an authentication ticket mismatch and now that message has disappeared to who knows where.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @riceturbo,

I'm really sorry to hear that you response to us has been lost. As advised by Tom above, it would be worth rebooting the hub and checking for any improvements as the uptime is still showing as running for a few months and this may help clear any small faults that might be at play.

If you are still unable to post back and are wishing to speak with our faults team, please bear in mind they are likely to ask you to carry this check out first too.

If, following the reboot, you are able to write back to us but still experiencing any other issues then do let us know and we can do our best to assist further.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

So now I'm asked to reboot my router on a regular basis, why?  If that's what has to be done do Virgin media not say so when it gets installed, either verbally or in writing?  It seems they are the world's best at "inventing" causes of things but not answer definitively e.g. When I moved house  I had to make a totally new account to be my primary account because they said I had logged on to the system too soon, what garbage is that?  They are excellent at bragging about speeds increasing but what use is that with a poor connection service that the customer has no idea he's been disconnected and doesn't always get automatically connected when the service returns.  Their mobile service is fine till you need them to tell the truth, then you might as well not bother.