cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virginmedia email settings for Spark

tb46uk
On our wavelength

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has had success setting up a virginmedia email account with the email client Spark.  I have been trying in vain.  I particularly wanted to confirm that I am putting in the settings correctly (ports, servers, security protocols, etc.), so please look at the two screenshots from the imaginary mailbox abcdefg@virginmedia.com

Thanks in advance for the tips.

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 17.11.53.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 17.11.33.png

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Experienced no issues with automated or manual settings – latter's settings do not differ from those mentioned in your post:
2022-04-24.jpeg

To help troubleshoot the issue consider trying the following:

• does the same issue occur when setting up the same account in Mail?
  • if you have access to a desktop / laptop device connected to the same network then try opening a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:
    curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks