cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net help please

Stuart1314
Joining in

It seems that my virgin.net email account has without warning been locked. I am a Virgin customer of 20+ years and I reported this issue over 2 weeks ago. I have called customer service a number of time but just had false promises of help from them and I cant seem to find a way to unlock it.

Can someone from Virgin Media help me resolve this please?

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stuart1314 wrote:

It seems that my virgin.net email account has without warning been locked.

Can someone from Virgin Media help me resolve this please?

I'll say straight away that I do not work for VM however, if your virgin.net address has just been locked rather than deleted have you tried following the advice VM posted here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...  ?

That advises resetting the password for your email account via your "My Virgin Media" account (that's where you can view your VM bills and package details).

However, if you cannot see your virgin.net account listed there you could try resetting the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password .  Enter your virgin.net address as the username and follow the prompts.

If you still cannot access your email account or you cannot reset your password then post back here and one the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will contact you in the next day or so.

Hope that's helpful.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for being so helpful. Unfortunately, I have tried these suggestions but not resolved.

Hopefully one of the Forum team can assist.

Thanks again coenoby.

Stuart

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stuart1314 wrote:

Unfortunately, I have tried these suggestions but not resolved.

You have said that you are a VM customer so are you able to access your "My Virgin Media" account? That's where you can view your VM bills and package details. You can use this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

If so, is the virgin.net account listed there under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs?

If it's not, it would seem that your virgin.net email account was not  linked to your present VM broadband account.

That is a worry because it would mean there is a possibility that it may be have recently been deleted by VM.

VM email accounts are  provided as part of the VM broadband package and VM do seem to be tightening up by deleting any email accounts that are no longer linked to a broadband account.

You have also said that you first reported this over 2 weeks ago so I am about to escalate this to the Forum Team so they can take a look at what's happening here.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning Stuart1314, 

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having some issues with your virgin media email address. Are you able to confirm if you are a current virgin media customer? This will just help me with running the diagnostics. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak
yes I can confirm that I am a current Virgin customer and have been for 20+ years

regards, Stuart

We're eager to get this looked into for you Stuart1314 but haven't been able to locate an account based off of the details used to sign up to the forums. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you and look forward to hearing back form you.

Thanks

Rob