cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today without any warning, my email account of over 20 years has disappeared. No letter, email, text or phone call to say this was happening.

I have important documents like my pension statements, pay slips, tax on there. 

I spoke to someone and they basically said I would never be able to access it again. 

I would have forwarded my emails, but now people don’t know I am not ignoring them, nor do I have access to anything.

Please help!! I would be immensely grateful for any ideas.

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Have you followed this post?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

If you have a current Virginmedia account it may be possible for a staff member to reinstate the email address.  If you are not then the advice you were given was probably correct.

If/when you set up a new email address elsewhere, do bear in mind that the function of email is given in the name. It's a medium for sending and receiving messages.  It is not designed as a filing system for the permanent storage of documents.  Important data should always be downloaded and backed up elsewhere.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I’m aware of all the posts, unfortunately am not a customer and do not remember the small print from 20 years ago…

As I had no notification, I continued to use it as my only email address and am now so lost without it. I cannot tell you how stressful this is…

I have, however, seen on here that other people’s accounts have been unlocked temporarily so that they could forward their emails and request that this could happen for me too.

Thanks and looking forward to your reply!

Good Morning @Anonymous, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

I understand that the E-Mail issue you're experiencing may now have been resolved, is this correct?

If you need further assistance, we will do all we can to assist you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn