cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email suddenly inaccessible on my VM

swd
Tuning in

Hello, I hope someone may be able to help with a sudden development on my virgin.net email accounts which are linked to my VM account.

It was working fine until a few days ago, then without warning stopped. I can't access "email" on my VM account (which is current).

As suggested elsewhere I have done a full virus scan on my PC, restarted it and still can't access "email".

Nor can I access "manage Accounts" in my profile.

I would be very grateful if someone could help in this regard.

Sue.

14 REPLIES 14

Happening to lots of people.

Here is my boilerplate reply for this.

Your account will have been locked or disabled more than likely.
They will send you an email about it, but as you have had the account locked/disabled, you obviously will not receive it?

The other week mine was locked for suspicious activity.
The following week it was disabled, and later on in the week it was neither, but required a password change.

You will need to call Virgin and get hold of Email support to get it unlocked or enabled.

I suspect they will be pretty busy due to all these accounts being locked/disabled regularly, so you might wait a while, but you do need to speak to a human being.

There is a sticky about this as the first thread, that does state you can do it from your account, by changing the password?

If you do call Virgin, apparently you have to wait 10 mins to access your mail?, I waited 20 and still not working.? Login and try changing the password yourself.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Edit:
I think there might be three permutations of email issues here.?

1. Account is locked. Need to call Virgin to get it unlocked. At the same time, it seems the password needs to be changed.

2. Account is disabled. Need to call Virgin to get it enabled. No need for any password change.

3. Account is neither locked or disabled, but requires password change.? The sticky appears to work only for this case?

Lucky me has gone through all three variations in the last two weeks. 🙂

HTH

Sue,

You could try send a PM (private message) to AkuA : click on their name and then on the right hand side click on 'send me a message'

Thanks Albob, will try contacting Akua_A as you suggest. Sorry to hear about your own trials & tribulation with this.

Regards, Sue.

Hi swd,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this - we were aware that on Tuesday some customer's were having trouble accessing come parts of the My Virgin Media account, however this should now be resolved.

If you're still having issues, I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take a look at the account and see what's going on. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth

Have responded to your PM

Sue