cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email problems

OJJJ
Tuning in

Hi Technical Support,

I am unable to access my virgin.net email as of yesterday.

Please can you recover my account. Thank you

regards

Orlando Jopling

29 REPLIES 29

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi again Kath_F. If you are able to move the "c." email to our account with the broadband, please let me know when this might happen so that I can get right out of the way! Thanks. C

Thanks for coming back to us @ChrisBM1, I can look into doing this for you, but I'd have to just highlight what @Kath_F has advised, and ensure that you are happy with this;

When transferring any email accounts, it would remove any current ones on there. This means that when transferring another email from one account to this one, your current email account would be lost and replaced with the one you are transferring.

If you don't mind losing access to the inboxes that are currently active on your account, I'll take this to a private messaging conversation with you and begin this process, with your assistance.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@ChrisBM1 

Just to clarify what is being said above, VM ‘can’ possibly move the ‘c@‘ email address to be associated with the broadband subscription but in doing so it WILL delete the ‘as@‘ email address permanently and all the mail in it! I would assume that this isn’t what you want to happen.

VM’s policies and procedures have changed somewhat over time, and what might well have been possible in the past, no longer is. I believe you are between the proverbial rock and hard place with regard to this. Personally I would be setting up new non-isp related email addresses for both of you and notify all of your contacts of the change.

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi Jem. Thanks for explaining this so clearly - I was beginning to get confused! Yes, will definitely leave things as they are. If the 'a' email account is safe, then it is in the interests of marital harmony it stays there as is! I have moved all the 'c' emails as back-up and we'll hope that VM don't kill offf the 'c' account before I have a chance to tell folks and make changes on virtually ALL my regsitrations, suppliers, memberships etc.... Then will follow advice re non-isp email addresses, thank you. Brilliant advice, much appreciated. C  

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi David. STOP, PLEASE!!! I now understand this far better. We've decided definitely to leave things as they are. If the 'a' email account is safe where it is, then it is in the interests of marital harmony it stays there as is! I have moved all the 'c' emails as back-up and I'll just have to hope hope that VM try to kill off the 'c' account before I have a chance to tell folks and make changes on virtually ALL my registrations, suppliers, memberships etc.... Then we'll both have a look at non-isp email addresses, in case VM has another mad moment. Thanks for your help. We'll leave as is, please. Cheers. C  

Thanks for coming back to me @ChrisBM1, and I'm pleased you've been able to make a decision that best suits the circumstances.

Best wishes to you both,

David_Bn

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, definitely get a replacement for your other email as well, before it finishes for one reason or another. 

Don't forget that you can set auto forwarding from both old accounts, so that anything still sent to the old addresses will arrive in the new ones. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi David. Well, we didn't have much choice in reality! Thanks, though, for all your help.

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Yers, good thought. Thanks again. C

Hi @ChrisBM1 - you're very welcome.

Take care!

Tom_W