cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email problems

OJJJ
Tuning in

Hi Technical Support,

I am unable to access my virgin.net email as of yesterday.

Please can you recover my account. Thank you

regards

Orlando Jopling

29 REPLIES 29

Hi @ChrisBM1 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding lack of access to your email.

Can you please confirm if you're able to log in to your My Virgin Media email account, and then access your emails through your Webmail there - if not, what happens please? Do you see an error code for example?

Many thanks

Tom_W

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi Tom. Thanks for getting back to me - appreciate it. I have attached some screenshots to show the email 'journey' to its current end. Just to say (at risk of stating the obvious) that I can't see or receive anything on [removed] so any direct emails to [removed please. Thanks. Chris 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]Screenshot (176).pngScreenshot (177).pngScreenshot (178).pngScreenshot (179).pngScreenshot (180).png

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength
Re: virgin.net email problems

an hour ago - last edited 58 minutes ago by 

Hi Tom. Thanks for getting back to me - appreciate it. I have attached some screenshots to show the email 'journey' to its current end. Thanks. Chris 

This is second attempt to get through the Moderators.

Screenshot (177).pngScreenshot (178).pngScreenshot (179).pngScreenshot (180).png

Hi @ChrisBM1,

Thank you for expanding on this. So that we can investigate further and have a closer look at things for you, I'm going to send you a private message. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Will do. Thanks. 

Hi @ChrisBM1,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could investigate and assist you further.

Please do let us know if there's anything more we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi Zach. Yes, thanks again. Three last questions (I hope!): 1) it turns out that, at some point in the past, the 'as.' email WAS transferred to our second VM account, and that's why it didn't go down when my did. Because of its presence on the newer account with broadband, is that email now safe? 2) Or is this actually about VM just wanting to do away with all the legacy email extensions? 3) If that one was moved, who would I need to contact about getting the 'c.' account moved as well, please? Thanks. Chris

Hi ChrisBM1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Any email accounts linked to any active broadband connection will be safe from deletion. 

There are no changes to any of our legacy email address extensions. The only accounts we are disabling are those not registered to an active broadband account. 

When transferring any email accounts, it would remove any current ones on there. This means that when transferring another email from one account to this one, your current email account would be lost and replaced with the one you are transferring. If you are happy with this and want us to arrange it then pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi Kath_F and we both thank you SO, SO much for your message! We are no young things (me 68, hubby 62), although both early adopters, but have found my/ourselves a bit lost when M&A activity meant changing brands, policies, procedures and protocols. We are looking at the '@virgin.net' things. My email [REMOVED] has survived because, at some point in the past, it was possible to bolt it on to our second VM account. My husband's legacy email [REMOVED] was not moved over to that newer/second VM account, but yes - PLEASE do that for us if it is possible! Cx

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi Kath F and thanks for getting back to us. Yes, please, we'd very much like to move the only remaining 'outlier' email account beginning "c." on our OLD Virgin Media account to our NEWER Virgin Media acount (ie the one that includes our broadband). Thank you. C