cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@virgin.net email password will not reset

Stevo1974
Tuning in

Hi, my wife's email address that she's had for approx 15 years with the @virgin.net domain has suddenly stopped working. We've tried the online password reset and it tells us the "you cannot use this password" despite trying multiple different and previously unused password.

I've called Virginmedia multiple times, most frustratingly was this morning and was told by the offshore operator that they can't help and can't see my wife's email address : [MOD EDIT: Personal details]

I have found Zach_R https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/634763 in the chat who seems to be able to help, so please Zach, conact me back as it's been 2 weeks now and the email account is where all our bills go.  We must have access.

Thanks in advance.

Stevo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stevo1974
Tuning in

I solved this myself. Basically the VirginMedia email password reset page has a bug.  You put a new password in and it tells you can't have it and to try again.  This is the bug, however the password you put in actually works.

I'd just like to say that after 2 weeks of being completely fobbed off by VirginMedia it nice to have resolved it!!!!  I hope this helps others.

VirginMedia : You need to up your game and listen to your customers when there is a problem!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Stevo1974
Tuning in

I solved this myself. Basically the VirginMedia email password reset page has a bug.  You put a new password in and it tells you can't have it and to try again.  This is the bug, however the password you put in actually works.

I'd just like to say that after 2 weeks of being completely fobbed off by VirginMedia it nice to have resolved it!!!!  I hope this helps others.

VirginMedia : You need to up your game and listen to your customers when there is a problem!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Stevo1974,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your email account.

Can you please tell me if you have a current active media account with us?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

No, no account.  We've had the @virgin.net email since approx 2014.

To be honest, we the extreme lack of support there is no way I'd have a virgin broadband, TV or mobile package after the experience we've had trying to sort out the email password issue.  Hopeless offshore call-centres and the online help just goes in loops.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are not getting support for the email problem for the very simple reason that Virgin only provide an email service to their broadband customers.

Under the terms of your broadband contract, the email should have closed 90 days after the contract finished.  You've been very lucky to have continued with the free service for so long. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Stevo1974, thanks for getting back to us.

Are you confirming that you're able to access the virgn.net email address again?  If you have, I would still highly recommend setting up a 3rd party email address, getting all important emails forwarded to it and all contacts. The one by one changing your contact email address to anyone who needs to have your email address. banks etc.  As there's a very high possibility that you will lose access to that email address in the future and it won't be retrievable.   

I wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Regards

Lee_R