cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email not working and Instagram hacked

ArchieArcher
On our wavelength

I've had a virgin.net email address since the 90s and have had Virgin broadband on and off since.

My virgin.net email has stopped working a few times and I was in touch with customer support a couple of years back and they agreed to reactivate the account even though they said it was an 'analogue' account. Possibly orphaned?

My virgin.net email address stopped working yesterday. I checked on 3 devices and had the same problem.

It seems that at about the same time my Instagram account stopped working. Hacked seemingly. A few hours apart. 

I need to find out if my email account can be restarted and whether the two events are connected or whether it's just a coincidence and my email account was ended because I'm not currently a Virgin Media customer. Although choosing a broadband supplier is quite cyclical and we'll no doubt be back with Virgin at some point. 

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ArchieArcher wrote:

I've had a virgin.net email address since the 90s and have had Virgin broadband on and off since.
<snip> Thanks

If you are not currently a VM broadband customer then the most likely explanation is that VM is deleting your email account.

Yes but it would be good to know for sure from VM that they stopped my account.

@ArchieArcher wrote:

Yes but it would be good to know for sure from VM that they stopped my account.

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days and arrange for the account to be deleted for you (or confirm deletion is already underway).

Hi @ArchieArcher 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Virgin.net mailbox. 

Can you confirm what error message or error code you see when trying to access the mailbox? Do you get the same issues on the webmail and a client , such as gmail or outlook? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hiya Carley, thanks for being so prompt.
I get:
Can't connect to the account "Paul's Virgin"
Enter the password for user "paulxxxxx@virgin.net
I get the same message on two Macs using Apple Mail and also my iPhone.

I can't actually remember where/how to access my webmail. That would be handy.

I should also add that I haven't changed the password/

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ArchieArcher The link for VM webmail is:

https://mail.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham.

Thank you for letting us know. 

If you have left us this account would of been closed normally this happens 90 days after leaving us.

Please can you just confirm if you are a customer with us or not? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?