cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email is locked

abbey49
Tuning in

My virgin.net email account is locked and I cant seem to find a ay to unlock it, anyone help please?

I havent been able to receive emails for over a week now, just seem to be going round and round in circles. is there anyway to get it unlocked please?

Nikola 

57 REPLIES 57

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@abbey49 

Provided that the virgin.net email address concerned is correctly tied to your current Virgin Media broadband account then changing the password solves this in most cases.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your account after waiting 30 minutes post back and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don’t have a current virgin media account …..

the email address is from many years ago …… 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Nikola, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you no longer have access to your email address. As mentioned in the link given to you by our VIP Graham, without an active Broadband service, there is a chance that the email address is gone for good. 

I'm happy to look into this further to see if there is something we can do though. In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you so much for your help , after 10 days I have emails again .

I can’t thank you enough .

Nikola

Hi Nikola, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. I'm glad we've been able to get this sorted for you. 

As you don't have an active broadband service, your email address is at risk of being deleted at any time without warning or notice so now you have access it may be worth saving what you need to and updating your address to one that is not an ISP address. There are many free email platforms available for you to choose from. 

If you need further help, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

oh wow never knew any of this! Hoping I get get access to divert / get all my contacts moved.

'oh wow never knew any of this!'

most isp's are the same. when the customer leaves, the email address is closed....at some point.

Thanks for coming onto our Forums Etwed, 

Can you tell me if you're currently seeking assistance from a member of our team to help you gain access to the E-Mail account?

We'd be happy to help if possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn