Menu
bigjonblue
Joining in
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin.net email address not working

I am quite dubious that this is actually happening. I do not see that VM would delete a/c's without notifying users first. It would be appalling PR and does not make sense with respect to all the free email accounts out there that provide the exact same free service and does not encourage potential custom in the future. That said I am sending all me email to a .pst file in Outlook as this is the only way I can find to back the data up. Is there anyway to automatically forward emails to a new non virgin account? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you had notice as part of the T&S of the contract.
It should of closed 90 days after you left. It didn't so you had free email for longer then you should. You win Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@bigjonblue wrote:

I am quite dubious that this is actually happening. I do not see that VM would delete a/c's without notifying users first.

Scroll back through this forum to the first week of January - there was a big purge of orphan virgin.net addresses then.  No notice.  VM have been storing your data at their expense with no income - the free providers usually have ads to support the cost.  So spread the word to friends and family - check your email security and backup regularly.  Make sure you are getting what you pay for and paying for what you get!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'