cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email access blocked

Mr_Crabbit
Dialled in

I have been a loyal Virgin Media customer from day one without a break. Before then, I was an NTL World customer since October 2000. Before I used NTL as an Internet Service Provider, I used a dial-up Virgin Net service. NTL initially provided my telephone and cable TV service. I was persuaded to use their cable internet access on the grounds that I could keep using my virgin.net email addresses as NTL hosted Virgin Net's servers. This was (and is) a big deal to me as I have been using numerous virgin.net email addresses since 1997.

Four weeks ago today, my primary virgin.net address became inaccessible as its password was no longer recognised. This happened once before, during last October, and the lack of help using telephone support led me join this community. Then, I read access was probably blocked on security grounds and that it could be re-established by changing my password. This proved to be the case and everything worked fine until four weeks ago.

Since then I have had nothing but trouble trying to regain access. I have been down the fruitless telephone support route again. I have posted here looking for a resolution and am no further forward.

I have tried to change my password as if I had forgot it, only to find that the page where that is done no longer works as it did last October. I can login to my Virgin Net homepage using my primary virgin.net email address as my username along with my usual password. What I can't do once I'm there, is access "Account details" or use "Check emails". Both of these features work if I login with a secondary virgin.net email address.

The questions I have asked so far, and not had answers to, are these:

What did I do to have my access blocked?

When will the "Forgot password" page be sorted to work with virgin.net and ntlworld.com email addresses?

Answers to these questions would be more than welcome. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Another update for interested parties.

Ryan_N called me to say he had changed the password to my primary virgin.net account. I can now access my primary email and homepage using the new password. What I can't do is change it; either at the "Forgotten Password" page or by being able to access my "Account details" page. The good news is I managed to download weeks' worth of missing emails. The bad news is, if my access gets blocked for whatever reason again, I'm still not able to do anything about it at my end until the defective webpages are fixed. Thank you Ryan for your help nonetheless.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Mr_Crabbit
Dialled in

Anybody?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mr_Crabbit, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry that this is the case - what I will do is pop you over a private message so I can take a look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

An update for interested parties.

Ryan_N is unable to help me on the grounds that the issue raised here Re: Password Not Recognised (Again) - Virgin Media Community - 5023245 is (hopefully) being dealt with by one of his colleagues Alex_RM. I haven't heard from Alex_RM in over a week. I tried to contact her by PM and was informed by "ModTeam" that this was considered to be an "Unsolicited PM". I was advised "If you have not already done so, could you please post a new thread in the Forums and we'll respond as soon as we can." Hence this thread and Ryan_N's time being wasted, sorry Ryan. It has been over four weeks now and my access issue has not been resolved.

Another update for interested parties.

Ryan_N called me to say he had changed the password to my primary virgin.net account. I can now access my primary email and homepage using the new password. What I can't do is change it; either at the "Forgotten Password" page or by being able to access my "Account details" page. The good news is I managed to download weeks' worth of missing emails. The bad news is, if my access gets blocked for whatever reason again, I'm still not able to do anything about it at my end until the defective webpages are fixed. Thank you Ryan for your help nonetheless.

Julie721
Joining in

Mine too has been blocked for a security/malware issue.  I cannot reset my password as it won’t recognise my memorable data so am no further forward.  Have posted a question here and hopefully I’ll get some response,  good luck to you with your problem it’s not great is it?

@ Mr_Crabbit I am glad you have been sorted out. I hope you can tidy up all the things you need to do before it happens again.

I am not so lucky. I have been told as I am no longer a customer of Virgin that the terms and condition say the account can be deleted after 90 days and they have in fact deleted it. Now I can understand the reasons for doing this as I am not a paying customer and have not been for at least 8 years while my email worked flawlessly. My real issue is that it was done without warning out of the blue after EIGHT YEARS. Nobody at Virgin thinks its worth dropping the ex customer an email to the account they are about to close to give them time to clear up any contacts or messages stored. Even worse if you email my old account now it does not bounce so people emailing me will have no way of knowing I have not seen the email and think they are being ignored. Those two things are unacceptable in my view and in a few weeks I will be looking for a new internet provider when I move house. Virgin is available in the area but will be planted right at the bottom of the list.