cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net account stopped

christheflute
Tuning in

My virgin.net account has stopped working. I have tried linking it to my Virgin media account but it says there is a problem. Please help. I am a current Virgin media customer with home broadband.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@christheflute @ModTeam 

While I'm glad that the user can get into their emails now, what bothers me is this sentence:

I have tried linking it to my Virgin media account but it says there is a problem.

Being as there is nothing a user can do to properly link an old email address to a separate broadband account, can you revisit this and see if the Move & Transfer process might apply here.  Otherwise the user is at risk of the virgin.net email address being deleted.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi christheflute,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

Have you been able to try resetting the password for your email address?

^Martin

I spent over 2 hours hours with the online help yesterday and got nowhere. Password reset by them. To be honest I don't think they had a clue as the said they would get back to me by saying they would send me an email to the email address I can't receive emails from! 

As I said in my previous reply, I found the person (Sona) totally inept so I wondered if they had actually changed my password. I tried checking last night and couldn't even access my accounts. Anyway Sona had not changed my email password but I just managed to and I can now receive emails. THANK YOU so much for ending a stressful 24 hours. I just wish the online help knew such a straightforward fix. 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@christheflute @ModTeam 

While I'm glad that the user can get into their emails now, what bothers me is this sentence:

I have tried linking it to my Virgin media account but it says there is a problem.

Being as there is nothing a user can do to properly link an old email address to a separate broadband account, can you revisit this and see if the Move & Transfer process might apply here.  Otherwise the user is at risk of the virgin.net email address being deleted.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @christheflute,

Thank you for coming back to us and keeping us updated on your issue! Glad to hear that you were able to gain access to your emails yet again. Apologies about this stressful experience. 

Thank you to @ravenstar68 for pointing out that you're experiencing issues adding your email to your current online account.

We're more than happy to look into this for you if you'd like? This can potentially help avoid this issue from happening again.

Please let us know if you'd like us to look into this for you.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs