Did you mean: 

virgin have deleted my email address without warning

Bella2017
Just joined

can anyone advise how to retrieve email addresses/messages

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Could be various responses for this query. Firstly, are you currently a VM broadband customer? Secondly how are you trying to access your emails (VM web pages, email client etc.?)

If, the title of this thread is literally true and, indeed VM have deleted your email address, then I’m afraid the answer is simply, ‘you don’t retrieve the messages because they are all gone and won’t be coming back’

But have VM really deleted the mailbox? As asked above, are you a current broadband customer? Exactly how are you trying to access your email and what error messages do you get?

Annoying, but I’m afraid it is almost impossible to give any meaningful help or advise without more information?

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bella2017, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your email address. As mentioned by the VIP's on the thread, we would need some more information to go I'm afraid. 

As well as letting us know if you are an active Virgin Media broadband customer, can you also let me know the following?:

• How are you trying to access your mail account?
  • Do you get any error messages or codes?
  • Do you get this when trying to access directly through webmail?
  • When did you notice this first started?

It's possible that the address has been locked rather than deleted. If this is the case and you are an active customer then you can unlock it by updating your password within My VM to something you've never used before. This would unlock the email address within an hour. If you are an ex VM customer then there is a chance the email address wouldn't be able to be unlocked. 

If the address has been deleted then there is no getting back the address or the contents. 

Pop back and update us so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs