cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsecure emails?

Beeps
Joining in

My emails showing as unsecure despite using trusted sites, any ideas what is happening? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Web browsers will flag a secure web page (HTTPS) as insecure if it fetched content from an insecure (HTTP) source; read more here. In webmail the most likely cause is an inline image in a message sourced over HTTP; note by default webmail is set to not show such images without user confirmation. Navigating away from such a message and refreshing the web page (Ctrl + R) will restore the secured status.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Web browsers will flag a secure web page (HTTPS) as insecure if it fetched content from an insecure (HTTP) source; read more here. In webmail the most likely cause is an inline image in a message sourced over HTTP; note by default webmail is set to not show such images without user confirmation. Navigating away from such a message and refreshing the web page (Ctrl + R) will restore the secured status.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Beeps, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the E-Mail issues you've been recently experiencing.

Can you please confirm if the advice offered has been of assistance, or is further assistance required?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Many thanks for your help, appreciate it...it worked!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Beeps!

Let us know of any future queries.

All the best,

Kain