Menu
RocketingRon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

unable to find username

I've been away on holiday and came back to a letter that one of my blueyonder email addresses has been compromised so I tried following the instructions on the letter to fix it and get the message

unable to find username

Strange!

Yet I can sign into my other email addresses.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to find username

Hi RocketingRon,

Thanks for your post, I'm very sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your email address. If you go into your online account, are you able to view all the email accounts you have set up there?

If you are, you should be able to log in through this page and change the password as advised in the letter.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
RocketingRon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The email address that was blocked is linked to another address that was linked to my old web page so I think when the web page disappeared it did something.

Since I no longer use these addresses nor my web page I just deleted all my unused email addresses.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So its just another e-mail address that a user thinks they have deleted properly but where the deletion at VM's end wasn't completed. The Forum Team will need to get the address deleted by VM IT's team. Watch here for a further request for information via private message to sort this out.

You can't use your VM web pages because VM closed and deleted them all a few years agao (in case you hadn't noticed). VM no longer offer free web space to its customers.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RocketingRon,

So we can confirm these email accounts are deleted for you I am going to send you a PM so we can discuss this in more detail.

Thanks,

Tom_S