cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to change @virgin.net password

KB_Yorks
Joining in

I have been trying to access my @virgin.net account for week I have tried phone support and whats app but I seem to be going round in circles.

I can pass the security questions to get to the change screen but every password I choose I get the following error !

I have tried multiple devices and password and always end up with the same result

KB_Yorks_0-1681903841140.png

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hyphen character - is not valid in Virgin Media passwords.  Try using one that meets these criteria:

Virgin Media's password policy is:

8 to 64 characters
can only contain alphanumerical characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and the following additional characters !@#&*_
must contains at least one letter and numerical character

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi graham I have tried Many password from simple to complex 

I always get the same error

KB_Yorks_0-1681905677705.png

Hey @KB_Yorks,

Firstly welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you are havign issues accessing your email, can you confirm for me whether or not this email is linked to  a currently active Virgin Media account? We ask this as if the account is no longer active and been closed for 90 days or more, we do begin to close off the email.

Can you also confirm for me when you first noticed this issue?

Hope to hear back soon. Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for trying to assist WE have an active Virgin Media account from the days it used to be blueyonder and I can log into our account with my blue yonder email address to access the account but the problem email account is not shown as linked. We really thought it was but we wandered if with all the changes over the years the link had become severed

We have had a virgin media Mobile account a good few years ago we wandered if that could also have been a link. She has always access the email via a re branded Gmail webpage.

Really hopping someone can help as it causing a stressed teacher to be even more stressed 

Thanks again

Hey @KB_Yorks, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still on-going. 😞
I will assist you further and see what we can do to try and restore this.

I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs