cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access my ntlworld email

MMCG1
Joining in

Hi

I have a VM account and I am the account holder. I can't get access to my ntlworld email account. 

I get a message to say my password is wrong although I'm sure I entered the right one. I can't access anywhere to reset the account. 

This has been going on for a while and in the meantime I've had to set up a new email address on icloud.  But I really need access to my ntlworld email as there is an important email message I need to have. Please can a member of VM help?

Mary

10 REPLIES 10

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mary thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'm more than happy to try and look into this further for you, so please expect a PM on here to arrive from me shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Anankha
Problem sorter

Some users have found that changing their password allows them to access their account. I would try this.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mary thanks so much for confirming the details I requested via PM.

I'm just bringing this back publicly for the moment, as there's no sensitive information we're disclosing at the moment. Can you please confirm if at any point during your time with Virgin Media and the creation of this email address, if you left us (even if only for a short-term time) before re-joining us as a new customer again?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

Yes, my son took over the contract when he moved back home but my email account was still working. When he left 18 months ago I renewed the contact in my name.

thanks

Mary

Hi @MMCG1

Thanks for the reply!

What happens when changing the password via the forgotten password link on the website?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

When I try to reset my password it doesn't recognise my ntlworld email address, message says "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media". 18 months ago when I took over the account I used a gmail address, so it looks like the ntlworld email, does now not appear to be linked to my account? I did also get an error message when I entered my gmail email that said 'Oops we've a problem Wait a minute and try again If this doesn't work please come back later Code DEF01'

I didn't try again as I think the change of password was connected only to the gmail account.  Sorry if this is confusing I'm not very technical.

Mary

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the update, was the Email linked to a previous account or to the account prior to you taking it over, when was the last time you notice it working?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul 

The ntlworld email was still working in December and I hadn't noticed that it had stopped working until I didn't get an important email I was waiting for in early February.

I hadn't been using it very much as I'm retired now and don't use email too often.  Also I have gmail.

The email dates back to when I was an ntlworld customer and when Virgin took over I continued to use it. When my son came home to live for a year he brought his Virgin media account with him because he still had a contract where as mine was just rolling over.  We were advised at the time that this was the best option and my email would be ok. I should say my husband also uses his ntlworld email and his is fine. 

Mary

Hi Mary,

Thank you for all of those details. It does sound like the email address was attached to an old account and this may be why you're having trouble accessing it. So I can check this for you, I'll pop you over a private message 🙂

Thanks

Beth