Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access my email account

bennyhill58
Settling in
Mailbox Unavailable 

For the past 24hrs I'm seeing the oh so helpful error message:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

My understanding has always been that this error usually means the email account has been locked by Virgin Media and normally needs attention from VM to re-enable it.

Already called VM but they haven't rectified the issue in their promised timescale of 4 to 24hrs 😐. Really need to access mailbox as expecting crucial emails. 

Therefore can someone re-enable my mailbox

very very old virgin.net email account .... but used for my self employed business..

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bennyhill58,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you've been unable to access your email account. As I have been unable to locate your details using your forum info, I will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we'll take it from there 🙂

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@bennyhill58 the first. and most important thing to ask is 'are you a current VM broadband customer'? If not, then I'm afraid to say it's almost certain that your email address. mailbox and all the mail within it has not been deleted, and won't be coming back.

However if you are a BB customer then if you log into your my.virginmedia.com account, can you see the email address in question listed as either the primary address or under the Manage Accounts tab?