Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

unable to access emails

since monday 18 may have been unable to access emails .as other users have said all i fet is the try again in hour etc 

have been unable to get in touch using 150 ,left for hour then gave up to make things wirse ,was unable to sign into the forum as password would not work .and emails sent to my gmail account did not arrive 

so in desperation using my wife's account ,and signed up to forum this way 

email reset arrived in seconds ,so something working

so  not sure what to do am using my wifes email address to complain about [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] so hopefully someone out there in the ethier will work out what to do

will keep alook out in wifes account and [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to access emails

@mina75 

Hi, you need to go back and edit your post to remove your email addresses. Not a good idea to put your details on a public forum because spammers and scammers will emerge from the ether and pick them up to use against you.

I have asked the forum moderators to do the necessary in case you cannot edit the post.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about the personnel info but having to come in from in a unusual way, it was worth the risk as all the password ,email address  i used are already in the public arena due to hacks from other sources.

however still 7 days  now and still unable to singe in to email ,so still waiting for some action besides warning about hackers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@mina75 wrote:

however still 7 days  now and still unable to singe in to email ,so still waiting for some action besides warning about hackers

Sit tight here. One of the Forum Team (VM employees) will pick up on your post, although being the Bank Holiday weekend that may take a day or so. 😉

They will contact you through this forum and arrange to get the necessary details from you privately. They will then arrange to get the account unlocked for you.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello mina75

Sorry to hear of the email access issue but we appreciate you making us aware of this via the forums.

You mentioned you get a message advising you to try again in an hour, is this via an app or on a desktop? If via desktop are you able to try on a different browser or try deleting the cache?

When were you last able to access the email account? 

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

hi have tried chrome ,and the browser for mac, as well as my usual Firefox and always the same message , even from a different computer, and mobile phone

Have deleted history and  cookies which has caused me other problems in other areas .and have sent a message daily via your complaints form .have run viruses checkers and am sure the fault is your end

,As you see i can access you via my wife's account, even though i seem to have forgotten my sign in for  my account in forum and email that have been sent to change sign in details to my google account don't arrive

its now nine day without  being able  to access emails

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know.

Are you able to access your email via webmail rather than using a client? 

Just in case you can't, I'll send you a private message requesting some more details so I can take a closer look.

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have just reloaded OSS for mac as the computer started playing up ,possibly due to  my attempts to access virginmedia.com. and I suddenly had 20 snap shots on hard drive .

Only mentioning as trying to give you as much info as possible as ,if nothing else it would be nice to know if the email box still actually exist on virgin, or whether it is my computor which i doubt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ah okay thank you.

Have you seen my private message? You can speak to me there 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Your original post implied you are seeing the mailbox unavailable message when accessing webmail.  If this is indeed the case then the Forum Team staff will need to unlock the mailbox for you.

I am disappointed that this has not already been discussed with you by the forum team.  Assuming you have replied to the PM that Melissa sent you earlier, they should now be able to arrange it.

It is very unlikely to be an issue with your equipment.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped