Menu
Andrew42
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

unable to access email acount using login details

Hi; I am unable to access my email account from any browser using the same user name and password I have used for years. I have not changed either the password or user name. when I go through the process to reset password it doesn't recognise my username(?); which is my email address so I am confident no mistakes are being made on my part ..luckily my email account is set up and working on my smart phone and PC via outlook, from before this fault. so the account still works..can you help resolve this and explain why this has suddenly happened? if I need access to my emails from other not set up devices I will be stuck in future. please advise.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to access email acount using login details

It's not necessarily a fault, do you currently have an internet through Virgin Media?

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Andrew42
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yes I am a customer
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Which Virgin Media email domain?

Is the email address linked to your broadband service account; does it appear under My Virgin Media > My Profile or Manage accounts?

0 Kudos
Andrew42
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I cannot sign in to access those options I cannot get past:

https://identity.virginmedia.com, page.  as it does not recognise my user name and password and then when I go through the reset process it does not recognise my user name which has not changed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Which email domain: blueyonder.co.uk, ntlworld.com, virgin.net, or virginmedia.com?

0 Kudos
Andrew42
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia.com

KR Andrew

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The Forum Team will have to take a look at what's going on, note that it can take at least 7 days to get to a thread.  I was wondering if you'd had a break in service (for example house move etc), which could have caused you to have a different account to when you started.

Tim

0 Kudos
Andrew42
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yes I stopped my virginmedia services and (not my email account obviously) in April 18 and restarted in September 18; it was short while after September 18 I noticed this issue....there maybe the answer in there. problem is I don't want to change my email account or set up again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

And the truth shall set you free!

Virgin Media email accounts are supposed to close 90 days after you close the broadband service.  While it is possible to move the old email profile across to the new account in a "move and transfer ".  This would need doing by the email team.

There are two options.

1. Ring in and explain what's happened and ask them to escalate the issue to the email team to put a move & transfer in place so that the old email profile can be linked to your new account.  HOWEVER from recent posts it seems some of the 1st line agents are merely changing the username on the current account (which is the wrong thing for them to be doing).

With that in mind you may prefer to wait for 

2. One of the Virgin Media Forum Team to get to this thread, which can take 7 days (possibly longer as they catch up with the Xmas backlog).  They will escalate this properly for you.

Tim.