cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still cannot create new email addresses

Morrile
Up to speed

Hello,

On the 5th April I raised a call on this community about not being abled to create new email addresses. I currently have 8, so should be able to create 2 more as we are allowed 10 in total. 

I have phoned via 150 or 151 and talked to someone who raised a ticket that would get passed over to 3rd line support. They stated it would take around a week to resolve. The system claims I have used all 10 email addresses yet can only see 8 online

Sadly, we are now in mid May and the problem still exists. This is now beyond a joke, so can someone provide some real help ASAP?

15 REPLIES 15

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Not an answer I'm afraid, but just to say that I really hope you don't have to leave Virginmedia broadband for any reason. Because then you will lose all 8 or 10 email accounts together. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

That is something that's on the cards. If Virgin media don't get their act together soon I will leave. I can get 1Gb fibre into the home and quickly change all the email address to two external mailboxes.

Hi there @Morrile 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear you have faced this issue with your email! 

What happens exactly when you try to set up the email? Do you get an error message at all?

Thank you. 

Hello Ash_C,

Yes, and it's been escalated to 3rd line support, according to India. I discovered today that (according to India) only 1% of VM customers are using VM,s email (not that it's a mystery why) so the email team have blocked everyone from creating a new email, so those that don't use it will lose it. They want retire all Blueyonder.co.uk accounts for Virgimedia.com (which I am in the process of doing) yet I need one other account and they will request this via management, as the email team cannot just create accounts.

So I have to wait a week, depending on the results I either get a new email account or it's adios! I am annoyed that the above was not communicated to your loyal customers, perhaps we don't count anymore?

If all the above is not true, then we cannot believe anything VM (inc India) say.

I was originally told I had used all 10 emails when I could only see eight, so the message was "Oops, an error occurred, page not found" and so on that basis India may have told the truth. Try creating yourself a new email and see... as at the point of creating, it fails.

When VM goes wrong it's always a mega task to get resolved.

@Morrile wrote:
Hello Ash_C,

Snip...

If all the above is not true, then we cannot believe anything VM (inc India) say.

...snip

That would be a wise course of action, as the conversation you have described sounds like the typical load of old made up rubbish we hear about far too often.

Oh and it almost certainly hasn't been escalated to third line, which assumes, of course that third line support actually exists!

You were fobbed off, sadly not a too uncommon occurrence as reported here, but at least it got you off the phone and they can chalk up another 'successfully' closed call - have to keep those stats up, no?

Hello jem101,

I had thought the person claiming to be 3rd line support was possibly suspect but my contract end mid June, so I can get 1GB fibre into the home and may host my own very secure email server, it's not that hard.

I have been thinking that possibly VM just want to dump email services altogether... to match what other ISP's are offering. I shall wait and see as I am allowed 10 email addresses and if I cannot have 9, it's game over!

Hi @Morrile,

I can see you were in PM with my colleague Vikki regarding this issue previously and you were advised, you have reached the limit for the number of email accounts we can offer each customer. 

Please note, from May 2022 Virgin Media will be phasing out the ability for customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses. Customers with an existing Virgin Media email address will not be affected, their mail account will remain as is as advised here

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Morrile wrote:

I have been thinking that possibly VM just want to dump email services altogether... to match what other ISP's are offering. I shall wait and see as I am allowed 10 email addresses and if I cannot have 9, it's game over!

Looks like you were right.  VM's email effort is finally going to be given the coup de grace.  Since they have never been able to run it reliably this is probably just the only decent thing to do.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hello Ayisha_B

quote: "I can see you were in PM with my colleague Vikki regarding this issue previously and you were advised, you have reached the limit for the number of email accounts we can offer each customer."

Seeing that I was allowed to create 10 email accounts and only have eight, how can I have reached the limit? However, it would be nice if VM had emailed users to the affect "from May 2022 Virgin Media will be phasing out the ability for customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses" rather than wasting all this time because VM failed to communicate clearly up and coming changes.

Therefore, assuming I can rename an account? If that's the case when I have moved all my blueyonder.co.uk account to virginmedia.com accounts rather than delete 3 accounts I can rename one and delete two.

Kind regards,

Morrile