Menu
boro1876
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

spam

I have a problem on one of my email accounts old ntlworld account everytime i long on to this account it is full off spam even though i have reject spam and when I try to group reject it says news letter detected cannot put in spam folder one i dont care if the spam is also a news letter i mark it up as spam why wont i accept i have marked it as spam and why even though I have marked them up as spam it keeps coming back to my inbox I dont have this problem with anyother email account just this one 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: spam

IMHO find an email service that is independent of any ISP and with security that is equal to greater than the online service it will be used to secure.

If you cannot migrate your email needs to another service provider then:

• sign into webmail and confirm Move message to Spam folder  is active by selecting , Settings, ▸ Email, SPAM setting
  • drag and drop select spam messages to the Spam folder to avoid the ridiculous multiple newsletter selected block
  • previously identified spam still delivered to Inbox… refer to opening sentence.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
boro1876
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I know all this my spam settings on Virgin email is set do not except spam but it still gets through on the ntlworld.com email address via the virgin media email portal it when I try to mark it up as spam it will not let me because its on a subscribed list ive  never subscribed its spam I hardly use this email because of it I keep it because its the one Virgin Media recognise as my main email and its only the virgin email portal I have problems marking up spam and getting it to remove spam

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you not able to drag and drop these emails to the Spam folder?

0 Kudos
boro1876
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do that but its defeats the object because only this email that I use it gets through to inbox no matter what I do individually ie mark as spam or it day unsubscribe first but that defeats the object because the whole idea of spam is to see if the email is active causing more spam and most of the time it's not from the company it says its from 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree, Virgin Media should not be prompting users to unsubscribe from newsletters that they never subscribed to as this will likely lead to further spam.

AFAICS Virgin Media's spam filters have no concept of user level filtering which means you will have to wait until the system level filters are in agreement with your spam identification before these messages stop arriving in your Inbox.