cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone using my email

voncol
Tuning in

someone is using my email address and cant access my account worried as my mobile account is linked to same email 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@voncol 

The password change is done via your My Virgin Media account not the webmail page.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If the email account concerned is not listed under either tab then it isn't linked to your current VM broadband account.  In which case all the VM Forum Team staff can do is ensure that the email account is fully deleted from the VM servers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @voncol

Welcome back! Thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see this, have you tried resetting your password on the email? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi yes thank you for reply

its an old ntlworld email address  before virgin took over, trying to get in to webmail and it wont let me change my password because its not recognising my email address ?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@voncol 

The password change is done via your My Virgin Media account not the webmail page.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If the email account concerned is not listed under either tab then it isn't linked to your current VM broadband account.  In which case all the VM Forum Team staff can do is ensure that the email account is fully deleted from the VM servers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

just cant get into virgin media for mail full stop so cant change password as saying email address not recognised which is strange as its older than virgin media its a ntlworld address.

thank you for the advise unfortunately we dont use virgin for broadband anymore as we moved area and they didn't supply it in the area so had to use another provider but I am still with them for my mobile connection so still a virgin customer.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@voncol wrote:

just cant get into virgin media for mail full stop so cant change password as saying email address not recognised which is strange as its older than virgin media its a ntlworld address.

Virgin Media is just the current name used by the merged NTL/Telewest company.

If the system is not recognising the email address then it is likely that it isn't linked to your current VM broadband account.

Can you confirm that you do have a current VM broadband account?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Our posts crossed.  If you no longer have a VM broadband account then any linked email accounts should be deleted 90 days after the account closed.  Having a Virgin mobile account alone is not sufficient for continued use of the email address.

The VM Forum Team should be able to ensure that the email address concerned is fully deleted from the VM servers for you.

@Hayley_S @Melissa_F

Thank you so much for the information that would be great if they could delete it off server that makes sense what you have said I have changed my email address on mobile account just to be safe.

Thanks again for your help Graham x

Hi @voncol,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having this trouble with your email account. As @Graham_A has advised, if the email account isn't linked to an active broadband account then it should be deleted within 90 days of said broadband account becoming deactivated, though there are sometimes occurrences where this can take a bit longer.

To confirm, you're happy to have the email account in question deleted/removed completely if it hasn't been already?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!