Menu
SDC
Super solver
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: signing into virgin.net webmail

@OliverB1 wrote:

Hi There,

I hope you are having a wonderful day. I too am having problems trying to sign into my Virgin Media .net email account, as it was an orphaned account because I have not had a VM account for a number of years now, although I was a happy paying customer for many years!  Please can you help me temporarily log in to regain access and transfer everything over to my new email address? 

If the advice in the post above yours doesn't work then you're pretty much stuffed. VM won't help if you're not a current VM broadband customer.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073 refers.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos
IanW6
Settling in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

This has happened to me too - after many years and still being a customer of other Virgin services and without notice! Now I understand why.

I would like temporary access please so I can transfer over to my new email account, including sub/archived folders. Can Virgin arrange this asap.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

VM will NOT arrange any access to your virgin.net account for any reason. Use of VM e-mail and access to support are reserved exclusively for VM customers with a paid for broadband account.

You may be able to access your mail via an e-mail client for a short period during the closure process (use IMAP) but not, of course, your address book if all that was held on VM's web mail.

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi IanW6,

If you still have a paid-for VM broadband account then we may be able to link your virgin.net email to that so that access can be restored. Which VM services do you have?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos