Menu
richarpa
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

signing into virgin.net webmail

Hello, I'd be very grateful for any advice about how to sign into my virgin.net webmail. I've had the account since 2001 & used it every day since with hardly any problems, but today I can't sign in. When I enter my username & password, a yellow box appears warning that I've entered the wrong username & password. I'm certain that I haven't & have tried the following things,

Attempted to access webmail from 3 different computers at 2 different sites

Tried to open it through my mobile phone as usual

Cleared history & cache

Phoned Virginmedia, but because I haven't had an account with them for about 10 years they can't help me.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance,

Phil

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: signing into virgin.net webmail

The behaviour you describe suggests that VM have finally caught up with your 'orphaned' account, and started the deletion process. Webmail access is usually the first to go.

The forum team will be able to confirm the situation, but it will be several days before they get here. They may be able to restore temporary access for you, but as you are not a VM broadband customer the account will be deleted in due course.
richarpa
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Graham, i'll wait to see what the forum team say. Generally speaking, are they able to transfer all the contents across to a new provider? You can imagine how much stuff is in there after 16 years!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi richarpa,

Honest apologies for your email access issues. As Graham has advised your email address may have been removed from our systems if it is not attached to an active broadband service. 

For some of these issues we have been able to restore temporary access but some have not been successful, so I am not able to make any promises sorry. 

Please send me your virgin.net email address, via PM (hover your cursor over my picture and click on Send Message), and I'll take a look to see if we can help Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi richarpa,

I'm happy to say that temporary access has been restored (see my PM for details) Smiley Happy

But please view this as temporary and take steps to:

• Acquire a new, non-ISP linked email account.
  • Transfer any important emails to the new address.
  • Or download your emails to a client (such as Thunderbird) so that they can be stored on your pc/laptop.
  • Update your contacts, and any subscribed sites/services, with your new email address.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
iamjamiam
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I find myself in a similar situation with an old virgin.net account.  I am a virginmedia customer, but I'm unsure if the virgin.net account was ever attached to my main virginmedia account (I doubt it).  I recently lost access to the virgin.net account, but it's still active as I can send emails using it.  I'd already started the process of migrating away from it, so it's not a disaster, but trying to update all of the websites and accounts that use that email address can be a little painful when you don't have access to emails for reset password links, etc...

Jen_A, how would I go about trying to regain temporary access to my account?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me...

Jamie

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to ask that @Nicola_C take a look into this for you.  It may still take her a few days to get to this thread though.  You might try ringing in if you need a quicker response although results may vary depending on which agent you speak to.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tim

Hello iamjamiam

I am sorry you are having problems accessing the old virgin.net mailbox however it is now our policy only to provide support for mailboxes attached to active broadband accounts. It is possible to move the complete mailbox profile over from the old account to your present one however this will overwrite the existing profile so hence delete any present mailboxes that you may have set up. If you would like us to arrange it please send me a forum private message with the details and we will happily take it from there.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
iamjamiam
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to you both for replying so quickly.

I managed to resolve this myself, based on another forum post I saw.

The solution for me was to go to the webmail login page and click on the Forgotten Password link, I was then taken to the part where I have to answer my security questions.  The answer to my security question had been changed to all upper case, so my previous attempts to change it weren't successful.  However, when I entered the answer in CAPS, I was able to change my password and access my old email account again.  So I'm all good.

This now buys me some time to modify any usages of this old email account, with a view to making the break from it completely and retiring the old virgin.net email address.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
OliverB1
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi There,

I hope you are having a wonderful day. I too am having problems trying to sign into my Virgin Media .net email account, as it was an orphaned account because I have not had a VM account for a number of years now, although I was a happy paying customer for many years!  Please can you help me temporarily log in to regain access and transfer everything over to my new email address? 

Or can you recommend any other help?

Thank you,

Oliver 

0 Kudos