cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returning to virgin email issues

ssnakepliskin07
Joining in

Hi im having an issue with my laptop receiving  my virgin emails  my phone still gets them fine but my laptop is just not syncing i rejoined virgin and have tried the password reset through virgin media  and this has not worked. Can virgin reassign my email address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ssnakepliskin07 All of which suggests that the email account has been closed as it is no longer linked to an active VM broadband account.

I'm sure that @Nathan_B will contact you when he returns to this thread.  Depending on how long it is since the old account was closed and providing both accounts are in the same customer name it may still be possible to carry out the Move & Transfer process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ssnakepliskin07 Has the Virgin Media email address concerned been moved from your old account to your new VM broadband account. It is a process called 'Move and transfer'?

Can you access the email account via the VM Mail webmail page at  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

no it says it not available unfortunately 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like you need assistance from the VM Forum Team. They should respond here either later today or tomorrow.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ssnakepliskin07, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues accessing your emails on your laptop. I see that you have confirmed this works fine on your phone but just to confirm also, is this on a separate email server you are using on your laptop or the Virgin website?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

no it hasnt been moved  and no i cant access it from virgin media only can on my smartphone

same server on laptop and unable to access on website unfortunately

and my phone now to is not working  for emails

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ssnakepliskin07 All of which suggests that the email account has been closed as it is no longer linked to an active VM broadband account.

I'm sure that @Nathan_B will contact you when he returns to this thread.  Depending on how long it is since the old account was closed and providing both accounts are in the same customer name it may still be possible to carry out the Move & Transfer process.

ok thanks iam still a broadband customer so fingers crossed.