cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment"???

dazd
Dialled in

The past couple of days my mail app has been saying it can't log into my VM mail. Finally tried logging into it via the browser today and get a message that the mailbox isn't available. One of the suggestions is to change my password which I've done but I still can't log into VM Mail although logging into My Virgin Media is fine.

Is this a known issue?
Has my account been compromised?
What am I supposed to do now?

Any help greatly appreciated

Daz

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 13.46.55.png

6 REPLIES 6

dazd
Dialled in
It's working again! I just needed to wait an hour after changing my password. Still don't know why it happened though LOL

Messybeast
Up to speed

I got this same problem this morning. When I headed over to My Virgin Media (as instructed), and selected "Sign In" there was nothing about "Forgotten Your Email or Password" on the screen. I even cleared my cache and cookies to ensure I was going to the correct page, but no joy - the instructions and page it linked to did not match. I had to trawl through a dozen thread on this forum to find a link that took me to a page where I did find a "Forgotten Your Email or Password" option (which I assume is where the link on the email unavailable notice should have taken me to!). 

It would have been really helpful to me, and saved a lot of worry and time, if the instructions on how to reset the email and the page it linked to actually corresponded with each other 😞

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dazd 

Welcome back to the community 

Sorry to hear that you were having issues access your mailbox, but glad to hear that this is now resolved for you. Thanks for letting us know. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @Messybeast 

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you were having the same issues with access your mailbox, my apologies that you could not see the forgotten password or the reset information. The forgotten password link should be available on the page. If you have the URL or a screengrab of the page without the link and we'll investigate this further for you.  We always take on board the feedback we receive so we can collect the information and use it to learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

All I got was this

Messybeast_0-1678867827666.png

I expected it to take me to a page where I could sign in / reset password, but all it did was take me back to the "mailbox not available" page . I cleared all my temporary internet files, cache, cookies and browsing history and was still stuck in loop, batted back and forth from "mailbox not available" and "welcome to virgin media"!  I double-checked that I had no stored settings. I also opened a new browser session. (Having worked in IT & a helpdesk I have a few clues about what to do)  Still stuck unable to use the link to get to a page where I could change password. I eventually found a link on one of these threads that took me directly to being able to change my email password.

Messybeast_1-1678867963346.png

(It seems that VM mistakes frequent emails from my home & work a/c - the only way I can transfer files because of settings on the work laptop - for spam)

Hi Messybeast,

Thanks for the update, so I can take a closer look at this for you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm