cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment." ???

Jon1966
Tuning in

Can anyone help I can sign in ok to my virgin media account but not my email even after changing my password I still get "Your mailbox is not available at the moment." ??? Thanks

30 REPLIES 30

Hi wilber_force,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to see you haven't had access to your email for a little while, I have reset things our end, please try again and change the password once in.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul I'm thanks for picking this up.

My issue is not that I can't access emails, I can.

The issue I have is that every time I go to the web browser to access my emails, I have to go through verifying that I am who I say I am plus I then get the message that says my inbox is not available even though I then click on the email the top of the screen and I get to it.  This is the thing that is frustrating me.  Is there something you can look at or do we just have to live with it? 

Hi wilber_force, 

Have you tried setting up this up on your via outlook, you can find all the needed settings here, you can also find more information around webmail here.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I actually use the web facing aspect to weed out the emails that I do not want to download to my my email package on my laptop and then delete them before I open the mail package. 

If there is nothing that can be done regarding the constant need to verify who I am and also the unavailable message coming up all the time, I suppose there is nothing more that can be done. Users will just have to live with this, not a good outcome but there we go.

Hi wilber_force,

I am sorry and appreciate it is a bit of a pain at time when you choose to use that option, if you decide to set it up the otyher way and need further help please let us know.

Regards

Paul.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wilber_force wrote:

If there is nothing that can be done regarding the constant need to verify who I am and also the unavailable message coming up all the time.

What you are seeing is called "reCapture". It is a service developed originally by Google but used by many organisations. Just to clarify, it's purpose is not to verify that you are who you say you are but to verify that it is a human being trying to access the site not a automated "bot " of some sort .

Forums often use it to prevent spambots accessing their site to insert spam posts.

It normally only kicks in when there is something to make your logon attempt look suspicious. The only time I get asked to tick all "crosswalks", "taxis" or "traffic lights" with VM is when I have logged in and out of my VM accounts several times in quick succession. Normally that is because I am checking something out to try and help a forum poster.

It would seem that something about the way you are running VM in your browser is causing reCapture to kick in.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Edge and that is causing the problems I'm having on my laptop. I can't open it using Chrome but can open it ok in Firefox. But if I use my tablet and that only has Chrome on it, all is fine.

I've cleared cookies, etc but it doesn't make any difference. 

I admit I am getting very cheesed off with Virgin media.  I'm definitely not getting value for money for what we are spending and I am seriously considering jumping elsewhere.  The only reason I haven't is for the speed of the broadband and getting.  Who else gives an equivalent performance? 

I know we are getting of topic but it is not a happy state of affairs as I feel I am not getting any loyalty reward at all as we have been with VM since the beginning of the Telewest days.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In my opinion there is no need to dump VM broadband because of issues with their free email add on.  There are plenty of other free email providers around that you could switch your email to without changing ISP.

Admittedly there is work required in informing all your contacts and shifting online logins etc, but it will be worth it on the long run.  It will provide a platform for the future where you don't need to worry about losing your virginmedia free email if you do ever have to move away from them as your ISP for any reason. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yup, I know.  Just having a rant.  I really get cheesed off at time about stuff like this and needed to vent my thoughts. In my job, I give the best service I can provide and if folk aren't happy they tell me & I try better next time.

I have to be honest, I don't really know where I'd go, better the devil you know, etc.

Me too, every time I try to email anyone via their website the "not available" box appears, I know I can sometimes copy and paste to Thunderbird but not always possible.

Any fix please?

Thanks