cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment." ???

Jon1966
Tuning in

Can anyone help I can sign in ok to my virgin media account but not my email even after changing my password I still get "Your mailbox is not available at the moment." ??? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jon1966 wrote:

Job done, Thanks admin I can see my email again 😊

I'm pleased things seem to have been sorted. Thanks for letting us know.

You could mark your post as a helpful answer. That will signify that this thread has been resolved.👍

Oh, and you know where we are if you need help in the future .😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

It's happened again I can sign in ok to my virgin media account but not my email even after changing my password I still get "Your mailbox is not available at the moment." ???

Jon1966
Tuning in

Anyone ?

wilber_force
Superfast

Hi Jon,

I get the same thing, have done for ages and just click on the email link and the mail box opens up.

What does happen with me is that EVERY time I log on, I have to verify by clicking of three bridges, parking meters or similar.  

I'd love to know why I have to verify it is me from the same laptop, the same broadband router, the same network cable, the same keyboard.

Why Virgin, WHY??

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jon1966 wrote:

Anyone ?

Well done for trying to resolve this yourself by  changing your password. That sometimes works but if you are still getting the frustrating "mailbox unavailable" error message you will have to wait until one of the Forum Team (VM employees) gets to this post and contacts you via this forum.

They can arrange to get the mailbox unlocked for you. They deal with posts on the basis of the oldest first so you may well have to wait several days.

You could try phoning customer services but be prepared for a long wait before you get answered and then a potentially frustrating time trying to get a resolution over the phone. It's 150 from a Virgin phone and then choose the broadband option for email issues if you want to give that a go. Waiting for the Forum Team is the better option. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

I Guess I will have to sit and wait, Thank you, both of you.

Jon,  

I'm just curious as the same thing has just happened to me and as I said above, I just click on the Email button at the top right of the window between where it says "Find a store" and "Sign in" and I'm in.

Do you see those buttons?  What happens if you click the Email one?

As I say I'm curious.

By the way, I am just an ordinary customer and not one of the techy bods who have loads of access behind the scenes.

Still get the same thing, Thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wilber_force wrote:

As I say I'm curious.

By the way, I am just an ordinary customer and not one of the techy bods who have loads of access behind the scenes.

Me too, to both those statements. 😊

So are you seeing the oh so helpful error message:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

My understanding has always been that error usually means the email account has been locked by Virgin Media and normally needs attention from VM to re-enable it.

If you are then able to access the account using another link or bookmark to get to the sign in page that suggests that in your case the message is being displayed for a different reason. 

It would be useful if you can confirm that you are definitely seeing the same error message and have been able to bypass it. Although it did not work for Jon1966 (and I must admit I did not expect it to 😉) it might work for others.

Coenoby

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just wanted to add my experience to this.  The " Your mailbox is not available at the moment..." message does seem to appear for a variety of reasons.

I tend to see it once a week when the automatic log out in the VM sso system kicks in.  This forces a re-sign in on the VM webmail page which invariably leads to the "Your mailbox is not available" page.  Clicking on the email tab as described by @wilber_force always clears it.

This same message is however displayed when the account has been locked by VM Security Team and as explained by @coenoby can sometimes be cleared by a password reset, but more often than not requires intervention from VM Staff to re enable the mailbox.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs