cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment" error

CurlyKylie
On our wavelength

There seem to be a number of these posted recently and no answer or real solution.  I've my main account and three additional mailboxes, some are working and some are giving the same "Your mailbox is not available at the moment" error message others are seeing.

The password hasn't changed and we are getting the same error from different devices, including VM Webmail, and from different parts of the country.

When is this going to be resolved

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Changing or resetting the password is a quick means of forcing the various servers which handle different aspects of the email system to get back in sync (somewhat over simplified by basically correct). Sometimes things get out of step, ie the set of servers which handle the actual email mailboxes don't talk correctly to the ones which authenticate the logs - a password reset often gives the system a kick and it sorts itself out.

There shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't change then password, make sure it works and then change it back to whatever you have it now.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email account concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account then you will probably be able to regain access to the email addresses by changing the passwords.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your email address after at least 30 minutes then post back and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is on my current broadband account and I can see it in the additional mailbox list, with the others I can access. Why would it need the password changing, there seems to be a spate of them today so has Virgin had a technical problem they are not making public?
I'd rather not change the password for practical reasons.

Changing or resetting the password is a quick means of forcing the various servers which handle different aspects of the email system to get back in sync (somewhat over simplified by basically correct). Sometimes things get out of step, ie the set of servers which handle the actual email mailboxes don't talk correctly to the ones which authenticate the logs - a password reset often gives the system a kick and it sorts itself out.

There shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't change then password, make sure it works and then change it back to whatever you have it now.

CurlyKylie
On our wavelength

Hi Jem, yes that worked thank you.  Luckily they don't enforce a password reuse policy so as you advised I set it back and that continued working.