cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment Please retry again in one hour ...

izzievoodoo
Joining in

Hello,

My husband is having trouble with accessing his  email account. It appears to be working fine on his old devices still  but now he has a  new laptop, we cannot get it to set up with what we thought were the correct details. It's an old blueyonder account and is within my Virgin account. If I click 'Virgin email' I constantly get the following message, and Ive been trying this for two weeks now. 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

Can someone help please?

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@izzievoodoo wrote:

Can someone help please?

Have you tried following the advice that Virgin Media posted here? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Resetting your email password to a completely new password as per that advice does not always work but if it does not then post back here. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Coenboy,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I've changed his password but still no change. 

His email address is working fine on iphone (including the new one which he's just swapped his data to), and on his ipad, but we've tried to set it up on his new Windows 11 latop, and on my Windows 10 desktop but it fails every time. I've tried both imap and pop3, using both virginmedia.com and blueyonder servers, with and without authentication, but I still get 'Something went wrong and outlook couldn't set up your account....'

The email account is there still in My Virginmedia Mail, but I'm still getting the 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment Please retry again in one hour ...

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi izzievoodoo,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear there's some issues accessing your emails.

So I can take a closer look at this I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm