cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"McAfee" is back!

TryingToBeHappy
Dialled in

So, past week, have been receiving many many McAfee mails... VM are successfully identifying them as spam, but still they roll in.. 

I can confirm that they are, indeed, SPAM and should be stopped at source. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

boothy99
Fibre optic

Hi TryingToBeHappy,

Same here for me. Persistent little twerps aren't they!! As you've found, Virgin are at least sending "most" of them directly to the Spam folder. Regarding getting them blocked at source, you could try the following suggestion (unless you're already doing so?) : -

You could try forwarding the rubbish from the scummers to the free service by phishing.gov.uk via report@phishing.gov.uk and hopefully get them blocked at source. I've been doing this and it certainly seems to have worked for a number of other scummers.

More information about the service here ...

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/report-suspicious-emails

Rather than simply forwarding the spam-crud directly (you could try though) as this might get blocked by Virgin's filters 🤔🤨 !!! ... I tend to "Save-as" a *.eml  file and forward the saved file(s) (as a batch) to the email I gave above. No need to subscribe and it's automated - sending you a brief email of confirmation as soon as they receive your files (so no need to write anything in the email you send).

👍

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TryingToBeHappy,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account, is this coming from McAfee directly? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hey 

No they are coming from @argenecloo.in.net

10 now in 2 weeks.. 

Thanks 

Hi @TryingToBeHappy 

Thanks for your response

I'd suggest having a read through our spam email page here for some useful features and tips which can help eradicate the emails. Please keep us updated with how you get on

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

boothy99
Fibre optic

Hi TryingToBeHappy,

Same here for me. Persistent little twerps aren't they!! As you've found, Virgin are at least sending "most" of them directly to the Spam folder. Regarding getting them blocked at source, you could try the following suggestion (unless you're already doing so?) : -

You could try forwarding the rubbish from the scummers to the free service by phishing.gov.uk via report@phishing.gov.uk and hopefully get them blocked at source. I've been doing this and it certainly seems to have worked for a number of other scummers.

More information about the service here ...

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/report-suspicious-emails

Rather than simply forwarding the spam-crud directly (you could try though) as this might get blocked by Virgin's filters 🤔🤨 !!! ... I tend to "Save-as" a *.eml  file and forward the saved file(s) (as a batch) to the email I gave above. No need to subscribe and it's automated - sending you a brief email of confirmation as soon as they receive your files (so no need to write anything in the email you send).

👍

Hello boothy99.

Thank you very much for the above help. 

It really is appreciated what you have advised.

We are sure your advise will help any other customers that are having similar issues.

Gareth_L

Thanks for your positive comments, Gareth_L 👍

The Scummy-Crud situation could be much improved for everyone if folk sent in their misbegotten rubbish - even if it's found in the Spam folder. Phishing.gov.uk appear to do an excellent job of blocking the Scummers at source, in the main.

Well worth the minor hassle of downloading as *.eml and sending off to them 😊 Quite satisfying in fact, when one imagines the Scummers having to scurry around like the rats that they are in order to find another provider to send their filth with. Nasty little parasites!!!