cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Mailbox Unavailable"

LinB
Joining in

Received the "Mailbox Unavailable" message, I've had a Virgin email for about 20 years as it was free and came with the pc! Previous posts have suggested changing the password with varying success but I did read one that said that possibly as I do not subscribe to other Virgin services I have now lost my email account. Any hope?????

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's explained here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, I’ll try changing my password.

@LinB although there is a chance that changing the password will work, even if it does, it’s going to be a very temporary fix. To use any of the VM branded (including the old Virgin.net) email addresses, then you have to be a current VM broadband subscriber otherwise the email account and mailbox is prone to being deleted - permanently at any time.

Thanks VIP for your help, could not change password as the other security questions were also unacceptable! Fortunately my IPad still has access to my old emails so I’m able to collect stored data and info and I am now starting again with another provider. It’s amazing how many contacts I have and all have to be updated!

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @LinB, and a very warm welcome to you

Do please let us know if you need any assistance with this further, and we will support you where possible.

Moving all important E-Mails and contracts to a new E-Mail address may be the best move, and I would confirm that the advice from @jem101 is solid

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David_Bn

thank you for the message, as I am unable to access my virgin emails I cannot move the important messages or contacts to this new email address, so I have had to do it the slow way!

There are a 3 emails that I should have downloaded (documents to do with warranties) that I really need, so I can get in touch with them. It would have been 'nice' to have been given a warning that this would happen so I could have thought ahead and sorted it out before!

Regards

LinB

Hi @LinB,

I do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused for you. Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!