cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

previous ntl emails

Paula8
Tuning in

I recently moved house and as virgin media were not available in my new area had to join another broadband provider. Luckily within my cooling off period virgin media became available in the area and I was able to rejoin them. However, because of the break in service this is a new contract and my emails from my previous ntlworld.com account are about to be disconnected following the 90 days period you get when you leave virgin. Is there any way of attaching or bringing in my old email account to the new account so that it doesn't become disconnected? I have rang virgin media to ask this but the assistant was unsure if this was possible and advised me to ask for help in this forum. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the account holder name is the same on the old account and the new account it may be possible.

The VM Forum Team staff are best placed to advise you.  They will respond to this thread in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, yes it's the same name.

Hi @Paula8,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

We can certainly look into this. I will pop you a PM now to take some details 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paula8 wrote:

Thank you, yes it's the same name.

Hi @Paula8  The VM Team have responded in double quick time!

The PM (private message) should show via the purple envelope icon at the top right corner of the screen.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham

We aim to please 😉 

@Paula8, hope to hear from you soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you, took me a little while to find the right button!

No worries, I've received the PM and responded 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you Graham for your response and to Ayisha for looking into this.

Just for anyone else reading this post and looking for advice - unfortunately I am not able to keep the email address as my husband signed the new contract instead of me and although the surnames are obviously the same, the first name is different from the old account and therefore not able to be transferred to this new account. It's a little frustrating as if we had known the implications of this I would have signed the contract instead of him, but it's my own fault for not looking into it further before he signed the contract.

Hi @Paula8

Thank you for updating the thread and for taking the time out to speak with me via PM. 

I am sorry you did not get the outcome you were looking for and I appreciate your frustration. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team