cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help, i have an old ntlworld email that has been hacked, how can i deactivate it?

booboow
Tuning in

please help, i have an old ntlworld email that has been hacked, how can i deactivate it? thank you for any help you can give me

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@booboow wrote:

i have an old ntlworld email that has been hacked, how can i deactivate it?

I assume that you are no longer a Virgin Media broadband customer, is that right?

That's not a problem, one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange for that email account to be deleted. 

One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take your details by Private Message (PM). Please don't post the email address here.

Just one tip for you. When you get advised that the account has been deleted you can confirm that yourself by sending a test email to that address. If it has been fully deleted you will get an error message saying that the username no longer exists. If you do not get the error message back almost immediately you should post back here. I suggest that because sometimes the deletion process seems to fail so that although the account is inaccessible  it can still receive emails. 

In the meantime, keep on eye on the forum for a message from the Forum Team.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi booboow, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with an old ntlworld email account. So we can get this sorted for you please look out for my PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll raise it with IT so the account can be deleted.

Tom