Menu
chrisalegg
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

passwords invalid

My password for blueyonder email is continually becoming invalid, sometimes twice in a day. This means that I miss urgent emails and have to change passwords on my desktop and my mobile. Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: passwords invalid

Hi chrisalegg

Sorry to hear this 

Can you please log in online view webmail.

Once logged in check settings and see make sure the auto forward box is empty

The same thing happened to me and I found out a very old Ebay account was hacked and they were using was my email account for any messages. 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
chrisalegg
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the help. I have checked the settings on my webmail, and the auto-forward box is already empty. So this is not the problem. My password has failed twice already today, and I am getting completely fed up with this continual disruption. My wife has an identical *but different name) blueyonder account, and has no problem. The only difference is that I also access my emails on an Android phone (LG Stylo4) through the default email app. My gmail account, which is also on the phone is never affected.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you accessing your email account directly from webmail or via a third party application such as Outlook or Thunderbird? If you completely sign out of everything and just use webmail do you still get an invalid password error?

Also can you confirm that the email address in questions is linked to an active cable account with us?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos