Menu
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

outlook not accepting password

Hello,

I have my virginmedia e-mail on all my device that I cannot get the e-mail nor sending on my main desktop computer as they were all working before the win 10 had been updated two weel ago.

there I still get the virginmedia e-mail on my ipad as its working ok as not on the desktop which i think the password is wrong on outlook for some reason.  there is another user on the same main users account works ok and on my own account. I am no longer with virginmedia as it; quite important that I MUST get them sorted out asap on my users account e-mail address password as I tried to request it on web site that username or password is not recognised as I think they should have been recognised in the first place as I cannot get password reset at all its ridiculous that I have a Right to get them fixed asap?

Can this be done by tracing a password eg via google which my account is linked tog google account to continue using the virginmedia address please?

mark webster.

How can I tace my e-mail password so I can get the, going on my desktop please with instruction if password reset is unavailable since i left virgin last august pleasw its important that I MUST GET ALL DEVIVE TO USE THE SAME VIRGINMEDIA E-MAIL ACCOUNT WORKING AGAIN 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: outlook not accepting password

If you no longer have a Virgin Media broadband account then you no longer have the rights to use their email address.

There is nothing that can be done to re enable access for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks this is utter ridiculous that I still have a prefect RIGHTS that my iPad still get the virgin e-mail as well as sending the e-mail which it’s still working now and not on win10 desktop using outlook 2010 that I got to get them fixed straightaway it’s very important that I have a right to use the e-mail & not them it’s wrong that it’s has my name before the @virginmedia.com is still belong to me. Have they have any link with google so I should track & get the vital password right please?

mark

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You could try the forgotten password route: 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

But, as you no longer have a VM broadband account your rights to use the VM Mail system ended 90 days after you ceased to be a customer.  Ridiculous or not VM set their own Terms & Conditions and you agreed to them when you signed up for the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I thought this sorry saga all sounded horribly familiar;

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Can-this-be-transfer-the-e-mail-account-from-broa... 

It would appear that despite many people telling you in great length that what you wanted then simply wasn't possible, you've chosen to ignore it and what we predicted would happen, ie your virginmedia email would be deleted sometime after you left, has now started to come to pass.

And mailboxes actually belong to the organisation after the @ sign not before it, your email address never belonged to you, you were only allowed to use it as long as you were a paying VM broadband subscriber.

andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
There I have tried all sort with frustration that the server is faulty is the outgoing server won’t accepted password is smtp.Virginmedia.com is having issue and I managed to use the other server is smtp.blue yonder.co.Uk as it’s all working now. Why is the other smtp.Virginmedia.com server cannot send e-mail out despite I still receive e-mail it’s working ok and not the other way as is should be kept active for the whole life of the user which has my users name before the @ on Virginmedia e-mail is belong to me. Can I make a formal complaint about the smtp server not accepting my outgoing email which I have the RIGHTS can I pays £10 per month without broadband system to get them sorted out with virgin? It’s should still continue without keep changing the damn e-mail address that I’m sticking with virgin until my death should be taken into account for safeguarding that setting up is awkward for my disability that why I sticking with them, but do you understand my meaning ?
Mark.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am afraid that Virginmedia do not have a system in place to keep your email address once your account has been closed, if the email address is  still active after 90 days then at anytime without warning your email addresses can be deleted.

Have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services Section D6 clearly states "6. Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us."

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thanks this doesn’t make sense at all to me that I am a third party member of the family to which I know about them at all their previous account holder had since ceased the virgin e-mail account because Virginmedia wouldn’t even supply the virgin in DL3 area as it’s said there is no service is not available in the area despite I saw so many street cabinets in the cockerton village area of Darlington despite they said they cannot provide the installation as they had to go to a very sluggish and Bt as it’s take hours to update win 10 software as Bt is poor download as virgin is the best speed for these system. I am sure there been a stupid misleading mistake in virgin broadband customer service that there ought to be formal complaint that there should have virgin service it’s should be really be available in all mainland cities and small villages un England eg all places in County Durham should be virgin available here & not just West Yorkshire it’s ridiculous.  Can this be check correctly or if this still no service should I complain to ofcom?

mark.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

A lot of the infrastructure that VM use are pre virginmedia from NLTWorld, Telewest, Blueyonder, if the infrastructure isnt in place then VM will get around at sometime in the future to infill where it is possible, dependant on the how cost effective it for VM to install all the infrastructure, they are in the business to make money.

Ofcom don't deal with direct customer complaints but ultimately it is upto VM if they install as a private company, you can use the same argument for any other company like Zen Internet why they don't install to everybody.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos