Menu
chromharp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

online email

I cant get into my email I keep havig to put in that stupid check thing and IO am doing it correct but it just keeps going to another check

Why do we have to do the check and when am i going to get into my emails?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: online email

That “stupid check thing” is called ReCAPTCHA and the only way to avoid it is to not use webmail but instead an email client, like Thunderbird or similar.

Help other forum users by marking a post as kudos.jpegif it was helpful and / or answered.jpegif it helped solve the issue; the latter will show the thread as Answered.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: online email

@用心棒 wrote:

That “stupid check thing” is called ReCAPTCHA and the only way to avoid it is to not use webmail but instead an email client, like Thunderbird or similar.

Help other forum users by marking a post as kudos.jpegif it was helpful and / or answered.jpegif it helped solve the issue; the latter will show the thread as Answered.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with that comment.  I use webmail and the only time I get a ReCaptcha is if I change users too often in a short period.

Of course the other reason is it that login attempt fails too many times in short succession.

@chromharp When you try logging in do you see any error messages after doing the ReCaptcha?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped